• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin Voyages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Voyages

I have finally received an email from Virgin detailing the procedures for boarding Scarlet Lady. I found it strange that they are not requiring passengers to have travel insurance. It is a cruise to nowhere, but if someone was taken ill, they may have to be taken off by helicopter. I bought annual insurance before the Virtuosa cruise, so I would be covered.

Of course, Virgin has to be different. We are not passengers, we are sailors.

I am looking forward to the cruise. Firstly because it sails out of Portsmouth, and secondly because I would like to try as many of the restaurants as I can.

I saw the ship in port recently, and it is huge!
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

How strange about the insurance, when P&O have made such a fuss and confused a lot of their passengers!!

From the pictures I've seen, she looks very swish, I'm sure you will have a great time .........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
      I have finally received an email from Virgin detailing the procedures for boarding Scarlet Lady. I found it strange that they are not requiring passengers to have travel insurance. It is a cruise to nowhere, but if someone was taken ill, they may have to be taken off by helicopter. I bought annual insurance before the Virtuosa cruise, so I would be covered.

I am looking forward to the cruise. Firstly because it sails out of Portsmouth, and secondly because I would like to try as many of the restaurants as I can.

I’m happy to be corrected, but I think if you’re in UK waters, any cruise ship medical evacuation, helicopter or lifeboat etc, is funded by us, the tax payer.
      Falling ill and requiring medical intervention on the ship though could be costly without insurance, unless Sir Richard is going to fund it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        I’m happy to be corrected, but I think if you’re in UK waters, any cruise ship medical evacuation, helicopter or lifeboat etc, is funded by us, the tax payer.
        Falling ill and requiring medical intervention on the ship though could be costly without insurance, unless Sir Richard is going to fund it!
        When we were on Virtuosa we were sailing close to the French coast. As Scarlet Lady has no ports, we could be going anywhere.
        2018-

2019 -

2020 -
        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

When we were on Virtuosa we were sailing close to the French coast. As Scarlet Lady has no ports, we could be going anywhere.
          Ah, I have no idea of your potential sailing pattern so hence my reply.
          Our cancelled Cunard seacation could also have sailed in Spanish waters which is why those who took out a single trip policy, needed to include the more expensive Spanish option. Let’s hope no uninsured passenger, gets ill.
          Wherever you sail, enjoy and don’t forget to review it for us on the forum.

Comment

We looked at those but the cabins put us off...for some unknown reason we thought they were a bit EasyCruise.

Depends how long you intend to stay in it I suppose.

Garf.

Comment

Have you booked any restaurants or shows yet? I really want to try The Wake restaurant but no time slots available. We have booked razzle dazzle and the Italian. Also a couple of shows.
              Must remember to sit in the voyeurs seats not participants!
              Good to see ice cream is included. 6 flavours to chose from. Served by a drag queen.
              It will certainly be a different sort of cruise

Comment

No, it's medium sized!

The ship is the same basic design as the MSC Seaside class and NCL's new Prima (Leonardo) class.

However they all have different décor and use there spaces in different ways.
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

No, it's medium sized!

The ship is the same basic design as the MSC Seaside class and NCL's new Prima (Leonardo) class.

However they all have different décor and use there spaces in different ways.
                  I think it looked huge because we don't normally see anything that big in port. It probably wouldn't look so big in Southampton against other ships.
                  2018-

2019 -

2020 -
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you