• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10x Free Balcony Cabins On The Inaugural Cruise Of MSC Grandiosa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
    Hi Amar, if you paid the airfare (or even half of it) you would have members fighting to go!
    Flight are not that expensive(£40 if flexible on date and airport) it is travel logistics that makes these 2n impractical.

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

      Flight are not that expensive(£40 if flexible on date and airport) it is travel logistics that makes these 2n impractical.
      I agree. For some, a flight for just two nights, is a logistical no.

      Comment


        #93
        And the train in this case is not worth the hassle..
        Regards
        Garf.

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

          I agree. For some, a flight for just two nights, is a logistical no.
          The cheapest flights are normally ridiculously early (or very late). If you need a pre-fight hotel, that erodes the saving of the early flight.

          There is of course the cost of getting to the airport, the cost of an overnight hotel in Hamburg if you arrive a night early (could be £100) and the cost of getting home from Southampton.

          The 'free' cruise is no longer so free!


          I'M STILL UP FOR IT, THOUGH!
          Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 17th September 2019, 08:12 PM.
          See my cruise blog: HERE

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
            Hi Amar, if you paid the airfare (or even half of it) you would have members fighting to go!
            i don't think so

            it it is an offer of a 2 night freebie cruise by MSC that could cost you hundreds of pounds

            Annie

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

              The cheapest flights are normally ridiculously early (or very late). If you need a pre-fight hotel, that erodes the saving of the early flight.

              There is of course the cost of getting to the airport, the cost of an overnight hotel in Hamburg if you arrive a night early (could be £100) and the cost of getting home from Southampton.

              The 'free' cruise is no longer so free!
              Anything from Southampton needs some travel plans for those who don’t live in the vicinity but if some can make a bit of a holiday out of it, it’s a nice pre winter break so hopefully, we’ll get some decent reviews.

              Comment


                #97
                We have looked into flights, travel to Gatwick, train back from Southampton etc etc, if we are successful we will make a weekend of it and hopefully meet up with some fellow travelers.

                John

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                  We have looked into flights, travel to Gatwick, train back from Southampton etc etc, if we are successful we will make a weekend of it and hopefully meet up with some fellow travelers.

                  John
                  Hi John
                  Thats the best way of looking at it,,,,just see it as a long weekend break.
                  Just checked from my area.......

                  9th,,,,Ryanair from Manchester to Hamburg (Direct) with cabin bag,12:15 flight=£20 each.

                  One night hotel in Hamburg=£80

                  Train from Southampton to Runcorn/Liverpool @10:17..=£46 each.

                  A good weekend for £106 each.

                  A pity i'm busy.
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Please join me in congratulating Haworth, Wokingham Wansbrough, North Somerset andyn, Bucks CELEBRITYFAN, YORK philhar, wallasey Malcolm, Essex Lawnmowerman, Tain for having won a balcony cabin each on the inaugural sailing of MSC Grandiosa.

                    I have PM'd you all further details.

                    Congratulations to you all, I hope you have a fantastic cruise and I'm sure like myself they'll be many members who will look forward to reading about your experience onboard this new ship!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Amar, Cruise Co View Post
                      Please join me in congratulating Haworth, Wokingham Wansbrough, North Somerset andyn, Bucks CELEBRITYFAN, YORK philhar, wallasey Malcolm, Essex Lawnmowerman, Tain for having won a balcony cabin each on the inaugural sailing of MSC Grandiosa.

                      I have PM'd you all further details.

                      Congratulations to you all, I hope you have a fantastic cruise and I'm sure like myself they'll be many members who will look forward to reading about your experience onboard this new ship!
                      Congratulations all. Interesting crew - nearly all male??

                      Reviews will be very interesting.


                      Annie

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                        Congratulations all. Interesting crew - nearly all male??

                        Reviews will be very interesting.


                        Annie
                        And???

                        I’m sure at least one or two members will take a member of the opposite sex with them who might be allowed to add a little to the final product.
                        Look forward to reading of all your views.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

                          Good point about the cabins but surely they should know which ones that won't be affected and could be put on sale.
                          As you say all cabins seem to be solely on a guaranteed basis at the moment.
                          I tried another dummy booking this morning and found out my Gold card had run out.
                          If I were to rejoin I'd be Black due to our Diamond on RCI.
                          Strange system.
                          Regards
                          Garf.
                          You would be in for a nasty shock,
                          RCL diamond is only good for a GOLD card now, they have made it a lot more difficult to get a BLACK card


                          Pete

                          Pete




                          sigpic
                          If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Amar, Cruise Co View Post
                            Please join me in congratulating Haworth, Wokingham Wansbrough, North Somerset andyn, Bucks CELEBRITYFAN, YORK philhar, wallasey Malcolm, Essex Lawnmowerman, Tain for having won a balcony cabin each on the inaugural sailing of MSC Grandiosa.

                            I have PM'd you all further details.

                            Congratulations to you all, I hope you have a fantastic cruise and I'm sure like myself they'll be many members who will look forward to reading about your experience onboard this new ship!
                            Thank you Amar, I am sure we will have a fabulous time and keep our fellow members up to date with our activities

                            John

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                              You would be in for a nasty shock,
                              RCL diamond is only good for a GOLD card now, they have made it a lot more difficult to get a BLACK card


                              Pete
                              Hi Pete
                              Even though I'm not liable to sail with them in the near future I can't say I blame them as that level really should be for loyal cruisers such as yourself.
                              I notice you have to ring now to find out what level you will get rather than a table of levels according to each cruise line they are matching.

                              Regards
                              Garf.

                              Comment


                                I should also add my congratulations to those who have been successful with their applications.
                                Well done and thanks again to Amar and Cruisedot for the opportunity.
                                Looking forward to a bevy of reviews.
                                Regards
                                Garf

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X