• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having real trouble with this forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Having real trouble with this forum

    Having real trouble tonight getting to this Forum. Is it just me or is something happening? Anyone else having troubles?

    #2
    All seems ok to me.

    Comment


      #3
      No it's fine for me too, what are you having trouble with? .................................................. ......Carol

      Comment


        #4
        I'm not having trouble either.
        Jill

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by qm2lover, New Forest (2) View Post
          Having real trouble tonight getting to this Forum. Is it just me or is something happening? Anyone else having troubles?
          I can access but the site is very slow to load and long running script error message appears frequently. I do not have that issue with any other site.

          Annie

          Comment


            #6
            I have just got an e-mail to say there is a reply to one of my posts and click the link to see it. The link isn't working. No other problems. I often get the ling running scrip message. Not only on this site. I assumed it was my laptop not the website. Our internet is really slow. We are in the process of finding another provider but it is a minefield. I think we need fibre optic but apparently it will come from a hub in the village, not directly to our house so won't be much better than what we already have. Maybe I will start a thread about this to see if any of the tec savy people on here have any advice.

            Comment


              #7
              ILS, I am no tech person but we changed provider as we had the same issue.

              You are correct in it is no use having it just to the village it does need to have the cable directly into your home. We switched and we no longer have the issue of the internet dropping out (is that even a technical term?) but I have to say I don't think it is any faster. We can upgrade, for an extra cost per month, but at the moment are putting up with it...Carol

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                I have just got an e-mail to say there is a reply to one of my posts and click the link to see it. The link isn't working. No other problems. I often get the ling running scrip message. Not only on this site. I assumed it was my laptop not the website. Our internet is really slow. We are in the process of finding another provider but it is a minefield. I think we need fibre optic but apparently it will come from a hub in the village, not directly to our house so won't be much better than what we already have. Maybe I will start a thread about this to see if any of the tec savy people on here have any advice.
                Well I have superfast fibre straight to my door and the site has been slow to load. Perversely, at this specific point in time - it is much quicker. I will have to try and monitor the speed of loading the site during the day. If I remember

                Annie
                Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 14th November 2018, 07:43 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  No problems with speed at all.

                  Sounds to me like you need to empty the junk in your browser.
                  Wilba

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                    ILS, I am no tech person but we changed provider as we had the same issue.

                    You are correct in it is no use having it just to the village it does need to have the cable directly into your home. l
                    We had a similar problem so we changed to an aerial on the roof that has a microwave link directly to the fibre hub. It works fine for us but it does need a direct line of site with no obstacles. A friend of mine just up the road was unable to use the same system because a tree was in the way!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have found for the last week each page is taking an age to load, all other sites I visit open up with no problem. Its just the Cruise dot forum pages that are taking an age to appear, both at home and work PC.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                        I have found for the last week each page is taking an age to load, all other sites I visit open up with no problem. Its just the Cruise dot forum pages that are taking an age to appear, both at home and work PC.
                        Thanks. I agree 100%. Do you also see the long running script error message also??

                        Annie

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                          Thanks. I agree 100%. Do you also see the long running script error message also??

                          Annie
                          Yes occasionally

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I have learned to live with some of the little quirks on this new style forum.

                            Let's face it, we are never going to get perfection from any format or provider and there is always more than one way to skin a car, if you will excuse the expression.

                            Maybe it is because I am not a techie that I just have learned to live with what we have, without being critical of things that are not perfect.
                            Jill

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                              I have learned to live with some of the little quirks on this new style forum.

                              Let's face it, we are never going to get perfection from any format or provider and there is always more than one way to skin a car, if you will excuse the expression.

                              Maybe it is because I am not a techie that I just have learned to live with what we have, without being critical of things that are not perfect.
                              I don't think the OP was being critical just asking a question??

                              Annie

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X