Eighteen Iconic Landmarks That Look Completely Different In Winter
December 9, 2015
OK so that’s not the real Statue of Liberty but our point remains… There’s something very festive about seeing some of the most iconic landmarks from around the globe covered in snow isn’t there?
Below then are what eighteen of our favourite destinations look like covered in snow…
PS. If you’re wondering about the Statue of Liberty above it was taken on Lake Mendota in Wisconsin, 1979, as part of a college prank that involved them telling their campus they’d bought and moved the real Lady Liberty.
The Louvre – Paris
The Grand Canyon, USA
The London Eye, London, UK
Niagara Falls, USA
The Colosseum, Rome, Italy
Stonehenge, Wiltshire, UK
St Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
Korean War Veterans Memorial, Washington DC, USA
The Windmills of Kinderdijk, Holland
Statue Of Liberty (the real one this time), New York, USA
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
Central Park, New York, USA
The White House, Washington DC, USA
Big Ben, London, UK
Great Wall Of China, China
Brrrr! Makes you feel cold doesn’t it!
Have you ever visited any iconic destinations ‘off season’, only to find them covered in snow?
Have we missed any off the list?
Let us know in the comments below…
Other Articles you may be interested in
- Shock Announcement As Heathrow Set To Get Ano...
- Embrace The Extreme: Five Reasons Why Alaska ...
- Fred Olsen's Oldest And Most Popular Ship To ...
- Disney Promises Magic With The First Ever Mar...
- Top 5 Adventurous Cruises You Have To Try At ...
- Have Your Say: Does The World Of Cruising Nee...
- 15 Photos That’ll Make You Wish You Were In...
- How To Spend 3 Hours In Destinations Around T...
- 10 Do’s And Don’ts For Your Next Flight
- Exclusive: Step Into The Shoes Of Someone Tra...
- Our Very Own Holly And Charlie See The Snow M...
- How You Can Spend £30 Or Less In Funchal