Carnival in Rio de Janeiro plus much much more......

The Rio de Janeiro Carnival is a true spectacle and appears on most peoples list of things to do before they die.
    The major hurdle for this seems to be the cost. I have just been looking at the basic prices for the 2013 event and they are high to say the least. A 5* hotel on average will set you back around £1000pp and a return flight a similar amount. £2000 already, and still no food or entertainment paid for and all this just for 5 days.
    Luckily for you I have come up with a way of seeing this and getting far better value for money:
    First of all you would fly out from London to Buenos Aires on the 28th January 2013 and spend 2 nights in the 4* Shreraton hotel.
    Birthplace of the Tango, and known as the Paris of the South, this cosmopolitan business center is rich in charm and culture.

On the evening of the 30th a trip to one of the world famous Tango Dinner show would be laid on for you.

31st January, you would be transferred to the wonderful 6* Azamara Quest where you begin your fascinating cruise around Uruguay and Brazil.

http://youtu.be/txoEZwuHX6I

The ports of call include:

Montevideo, Uruguay
    This walking city is a haven of open-air cafés and European-inspired squares.
    Don't miss the Museo de Gaucho, a fascinating look into the cowboy life, South American style.
    Even though Montevideo is surrounded by a continuous stretch of white-sand beach, you're never more than a taxi ride away from a museum, art gallery or a theatre.

Punta Del Este, Uruguay
    Known as the "Saint-Tropez of Latin America" Punta del Este- is a favorite summer playground of the rich and famous
    southernmost South America, with a pristine 20-mile shoreline offering two distinctly different types of beaches.

Ilhabela, Brazil
    This “beautiful island” lives up to its name, and today belies its once lurid reputation as a hideout of smugglers and pirates.
    Where once failed coffee plantations replaced lush vegetation, the land has been reclaimed,
    and state park trails provide access to a luscious green jungle, with numerous waterfalls where you can stop for a swim along the way.

Parati, Brazil
    Preserved as if it's been in sealed in time capsule for the past 300 years,
    this former gold rush town's Baroque churches and cobblestone streets hale to a past glory. Just south of Rio de Janeiro,
    Parati is a restful pace where you can explore the past without forgoing modern luxuries.

Buzios, Brazil
    Originally settled by European pirates and slave traders, this picturesque fishing village is now decidedly chic.
    Unheard of until Brigitte Bardot was photographed sashaying barefoot along the beach in 1964,
    it was suddenly all the rage.
    Surrounded by hills draped in luxuriant vegetation, this paradise found is a high-end resort with an international flair.
    More than twenty beaches beckon sun-worshipers and water sport enthusiasts, and the sophisticated boutiques of Rua das Pedras will delight shoppers.
    Gone but not forgotten, Brigitte in bronze greets you on the seaside promenade.
    Finally on the 10th February you will arrive into Rio de Janeiro, where the carnival will be in full swing,
    however you have no need to pay extortionate prices for food and accommodation as yours is already included. You will stay on the ship for another 2 nights whilst taking in all the carnival has to offer.

After an experience of a lifetime you will depart on your flight home from Rio on the 12th February.
    So compared to the cost above of around £2000pp plus food and entertainment costs for 5 days, look what you are getting.
    A 16 night holiday, including 2 nights in a 4* hotel and 12 nights on board a luxury 6* cruise ship, all flights, transfers, a Tango Dinner show,
    all enetertainment on board, all gratuities, bottled water, soft drinks, tea and coffees, throughout the ship each day and wine served with lunch and dinner.
    The total cost of this would be £2999pp. To me it is a no brainer. At last you can afford to go to the ball.

Last edited by LynneB, Cruise.co.uk; 20th February 2012 at 09:48 AM.
    I have worked in the cruise industry now for over 10 years, and have built up a considerable knowledge of the vast variety of cruises available over this time. I would be delighted to share this knowledge with you by answering any questions you may have.

You can contact me by email at lynneb@cruise.co.uk, or call me direct on freephone 0800 408 6187.

You can also visit my blog page at www.cruisewithlynne.co.uk