Alaska and Rocky Mountaineer

I've just put a fantastic 16 day package together for one of my clients.

They wanted to go on an Alaskan Cruise around the end of May 2012 and also experience
    The Rocky Mountaineer Railway.
    They were really excited when I went over the itinerary with them, as I think you will be too.

Day 1 - Leaving London Heathrow we fly you to Calgary then transfer you to the Fairmont Palliser Hotel where you will stay in one of the hotels' elegant and spacious Junior Suites. Set in the heart of the city, The Fairmont Palliser, is a historical landmark, which offers distinctive accommodation in elegant surroundings. The hotel is also conveniently connected by the Skywalk to the Calgary Tower and the Glenbow Museum.

DAY 2 - Enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Banff. Journey to Kananaskis where you will enjoy the highlight of today, a 12-minute Summit Helicopter Tour over the remarkable landscape of the Rockies. Continue on to Banff for a sightseeing tour including Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. A trip on the Banff Gondola is also included. This is a fantastic photo opportunity where you travel to the summit of Sulphur Mountain for a bird’s eye view of six mountain ranges.

Your tour ends on arrival in Banff late this afternoon when you check in to a Deluxe Double Room at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Styled after a Scottish Baronial Castle, The Fairmont Banff Springs is located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. For more than a century, ‘The Castle in the Rockies’ has provided the unique blend of luxurious comfort, individualized service and timeless beauty for the most discerning traveller.

DAY 3 - Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from Banff to Kamloops. Highlights include the Continental Divide, the Spiral Tunnels, the Kicking Horse Canyon, Rogers Pass and Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven. Overnight in Kamloops.

DAY 4 - Your journey continues west towards the coastal city of Vancouver. Highlights include the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River and the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon.
    In Vancouver you will spend the next four nights at the Fairmont Hotel, in a Deluxe Harbour View Room with spectacular floor to ceiling views of the bustling port of Coal Harbour.

DAY 5, 6, & 7 - Spent at your leisure taking in the sights and sound of Vancouver.

DAY 8 - Transfer to the Radiance of the Seas for a spectacular 7 night North Bound Alaska cruise through the Inside Passage and up to Ketchikan, via Icy Straight Point to Jeneau and Skagway before passing the Hubbard Glacier and arriving in Seward.

Day 15 - Fly to Seattle and spend the the night in a luxurious down town hotel before flying back to London on DAY 16

If you would like to join my clients on this holiday of a lifetime or you would like me to organise a similar trip to suit your holiday time
    then call me on 0800 408 6155

hi robert, i have been considering an alaskan cruise with the flight to calgary and then cruise from vancouver. i have family in calgary (i lived there for a few years so have seen banff and lake louise and have stayed in the banff springs hotel my father played golf there too this was bob hope's favorite golf course) and would spend a few days with them before heading to vancouver.how much was the price per adult for this trip? and the price without the train.thanks