Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I booked through Virgin for a cruise last March, I let them know I had cruised before so everything was fine.

But on trying to contact the company through phone and e.mail, I gave up in the end and phoned RCI direct quite a number of times to query cetain things.

Each time RCI helped with my queries and managed to set my mind at rest. I know that Rci do not normally help when you book through a travel agent but they must have felt how frustrated I was.

They even managed to get our flight seats changed so we were all sitting together.

Needless to say I booked direct with RCI for this years cruise.

RCI probably have had many complaints about Virgin.

Images
    I have never actually booked a cruise with Virgin but have booked package holidays and lots of flights.

My last two experiences were rather sureal but very beneficial.

Two years ago we had booked two weeks on OV2 but decided to take our own flights and stay for a while in Barbados first. We booked a flight only with Virgin and did the twilight check in. The following morning we went through customs bought some duty free and waited to board. Just before boarding I heard my name over the tannoy and went to find an agent. Cutting a long story short Virgin had to use a different plane so us along with many others had been bumped off. At first I was mortified until Virgin said they would pay for the Hilton overnight with expences and that we could choose either 1280 cash or a free return flight anywhere in the world .

It took all of a minutes thought and I took the cash. The following day we turned up and had been upgraded to first class :-) Obviously had I been catching a cruise things would have been different.

Last June we had a package holiday with Virgin again in Barbados and on the last morning the phone rang. A Virgin rep said they had cancelled our flight so we would have to stay at the hotel all expences paid. Yippee

In those two mishaps I also accrued enough airmiles [sweeteners] for a free flight to Barbados.

I'm not sure if it's Virgin or Barbados that are lucky for me. But I have no complaints about Virgin or how they deal with the situation when things go wrong.

Maybe you could take a leaf out of the book of the passenger who complained direct to Richard Branson. You may have already seen it but it's a good read.

Virgin: the world's best passenger complaint letter? - Telegraph

Maybe you could all get together and send letters. There's strength in numbers.

Thanks for posting this, I had considered looking at a cruise and stay with Virgin but now I won't.

Images
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, why anybody wants to book cruises with a Mobile Phone, Credit Card, Broadband, Finance, Train, Aviation Company is beyond me.

It's akin to going to Tesco's to buy a motor car in my book.

If you are going to book a cruise, book it through an agent that sells cruises and nothing else. If they don't do the job correctly they wont survive.

Wilba

I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems when trying contact our call centre. At certain times of the year we experience high call volumes and we are working hard to resolve this.

If you would like me to look at this in more detail, please email me at cruiseadmin@virginholidays.com

Many Thanks

Vicky
    Virgin Holidays Cruises

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems when trying contact our call centre. At certain times of the year we experience high call volumes and we are working hard to resolve this.
    "I'm sorry we are currently experiencing high call volumes you are in a queue and will be attended by our next available operator"~ Sounds familiar doesn't it :p

I think everyone who has ever received shoddy service from Virign should contact them immeadiately on the provided e-mail address ( cruiseadmin@virginholidays.com ) with full details of problems, concerns and costs and then if no satisfactory answer or solution is forthcoming then sign them up for every single piece of internet spam available :p:D

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12