Wilkie - Answered a Question by Blackman (07 Aug 08 00:06)

EHICs do not apply on the ship but would apply ashore were you to be injured ashore (in the EU). Travel insurance should cover you for any medical costs on the ship but you would have to pay it up front (by credit card) and claim it back. It's a US ship ultimately and US medical conditions apply, basically it's private medical care. That said I don't believe RCI are any different from other cruise lines in this respect. Don't go to the doc for anything trivial that you could get from a pharmacy ashore if need be; travel sickness pills are available free from the purser's desk. Your UK electrical items will work on the ship with US adaptors.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report
Blackman - replied to Wilkie (07 Aug 08 18:22)

Thank you Wilkie for your full and comprehensive answer which is appreciated, Thanks.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report

Why Talk To A www.CRUISE.co.uk Consultant

  • A More Personal Service Than Booking Online

  • They Have Access To All The Latest Deals

  • Your Own Personal Consultant From Start To Finish

  • Advice On Shore Excursions And Extras

  • Benefit From Their First Hand Experiences

  • They Can Tailor The Cruise To Your Needs

  • Alternative Cruise Suggestions

  • Essential Advice On Cabin Selections

You can contact one of our consultants by calling:

0800 408 6228