Find Your Cruise
Royal Caribbean Special Needs Services
Royal Caribbean's goal is to make of all their guests as comfortable as possible, both on and off the ship. Their spacious corridors accommodate 180° turns for wheelchairs. Most decks are accessible through automatic doors, and all public rooms feature entrances with gradual inclines.
Royal Caribbean provides accessible staterooms ranging from 159 square feet to 298 square feet, offering a five-foot turning radius in sleeping areas, bathrooms and sitting areas for easy maneuverability.
Royal Caribbean provides the following services for guests needing special assistance.
* Early boarding
* Cruise transfers utilizing a specialized van with lift
* Boarding and departure assistance
* Scooter access
* Hydraulic lifts for one pool and one Jacuzzi throughout the fleet
* Accessible tender system
* Accessible Blackjack tables in the casino
* Accessible Guest Relations Desk
* Deck plans that show accessible paths of travel
Accessible Stateroom Features
Royal Caribbena International Special Needs Programs
* Stateroom door width: 32 - 34" (vessel dependent)
* Bathroom door width: 32 - 34" (vessel dependent)
* No door sill to get into the stateroom
* Ramped bathroom thresholds
* Bathroom grab bars
* Lowered sink and vanity
* Roll-in showers
* Fold-down shower stool
* Hand-held shower heads
* Lowered closet bars
* Refrigerator in stateroom (upon request)
* Raised toilet seats (standard, 17.5"; taller raisers available)
* Accessible balconies (selected staterooms)
* Lowered safes for easy access (not including Empress of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas, where safes are located at Guest Relations).