Adlrich - Answered a Question by bagley (06 Aug 08 18:16)

Yes, this is perfectly true: this is covered in booking condition 5.3, so paperwork is needed when a parent has a different surname from their child ie: child from a previous marriage, or the parents aren't married so the child surname is different from one of the parents. If this is the case, you'll need a papertrail to show the linking of names. ie: mother remarried with child from previous marriage would need birth cert to show her old married name is mother to the child PLUS divorce cert to show old married name back to maiden name and marriage cert to show new married name from maiden name. I hope this makes sense.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
BLYTH - Answered a Question by bagley (06 Aug 08 16:04)

I think this is a legal protection for the cruise line as chilldren with a different surname could be going abraod/crusing without the consent of the other parent, in other words you could be kidnapping them out of the country when perhaps and I know you are not you want to get them away from the father. A copy of their birth certificate and signed by the other parent [their father] might be the way around this but you need to be very careful this is correct, see what other contributors are saying.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report

Daily Top 10 Deals ucfqayxfzutfrctbrycf

  • Even More Cheap 2018 Cruises From Southampton

    MSC Cruises - MSC Magnifica - 2nd or 9th Apr 2018 - 7nts

    Southampton : Paris (Le Havre) : Bruges : Amsterdam : Hamburg Southampton

    Now from £449pp Was £699pp

    • Exclusive Deal 

    • Also Available Apr - Oct

    • Balcony Cabins Just £549pp

    Click to View More Exclusive MSC Cruises >>

  • Your Favourite No Fly Family Sailing - Barcelona, Nice & Gibraltar

    Royal Caribbean - Independence of the Seas - 16 Jun 2018 - 14nts

    Southampton : Gibraltar : Cartagena : Palma De Mallorca : Barcelona : Nice (Villefranche) : Ajaccio (Corsica) : Malaga : Seville (Cadiz) : Southampton

    Now from £1199pp

    • 30% OFF Plus Free Wi-Fi & Port Parking 
    • Family of 3 from Just £3089
    • Also Available 11 Aug 2018

    Reduced 2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises from Southampton >>

  • Half Term Barcelona, Naples & Rome

    Thomson Cruises - Thomson Dream - 27 Oct 2017 - 9nts

    Corfu Town : Naples : Rome (Civitavecchia) : Livorno (Florence & Pisa) : Barcelona : Valencia : Cartagena : Malaga

    Now from £589pp Was £1015pp

    • Direct Flights & Transfers from Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff or Gatwick
    • Just £25pp Per Night for All Inclusive Drinks!

    Click To View All Thomson Regional Flights >>

Show More Deals