Miller - Answered a Question by Hatton (24 Jun 08 18:06)

You should check with company direct. They are able to give you this advice and are friendly. Make sure that they advise you on each country where the ship calls. After that it might be worth checking with the embassies. This you can usually do on the internet.

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
BLYTH - Answered a Question by Hatton (24 Jun 08 18:20)

In March 1995, seven European Union countries signed a treaty to end internal border checkpoints and controls. More countries have joined the treaty over the past years. At present, there are 15 Schengen countries, all in Europe. The 15 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. What is a Schengen Visa? Travelling in Europe has been simplified with the introduction of the Schengen visa. As a visitor to the Schengen area, you will enjoy the many advantages of this unified visa system. With a Schengen visa, you may enter one country and travel freely throughout the Schengen zone. Internal border controls have disappeared; there are no or few stops and checks. This means that internal air, road and train travel are handled as domestic trips. Where to apply for a Schengen visa? All depends on the place(s) you want to visit. If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that particular country. If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country, where you shall be spending the most time. If you intend to visit several Schengen countries and are spending an equal amount of time in each state then you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country, which is your first point of entry. Further Information: Although the Schengen visa is a blanket visa for the above stated states. By no means is the application procedure unified. Each country has their own rules and application requirements to follow. All details are available on this website under each specific country. Applicants should carefully check the visa requirements for their specific Schengen country. Applicants who are married/dependent on British and other EU citizens may obtain visas on production of the spouses valid passport and original marriage certificate. The relevant embassy or consulate will, in most cases, issue the visa free of charge. Prince Visa Service Ltd are only able to assist foreign nationals who are resident in the UK. Your UK visa/permit must enable you to remain in the UK for at least six months or more. If your visa/permit for the UK is finite it must have at least one months validity from when you return from the Schengen States. Some nationalities are required to apply for their visas in person, if in doubt please e-mail us with your query to info@princevisaservice

- Was this comment useful or 0 of 0 found this useful
Comment | Report