• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cunard dress code change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    As you might know, I am a HUGE Cunard fan [huge as in the cruise line, not me personally] and I love the present dress code. However, unlike a minute number of extremely ''loud'' protesters [not on this forum I hasten to add] who seem to have thrown their teddies out of the pram and will never cruise with the new dress code, I am very willing to see how the semantic changes of the ''new'' codes will affect the whole [future] passenger and ship, profile.

I think [hope] more folk will realise the average Cunard passenger is not the stuffy, buttoned up, sleepy OAP some seem to think populate every Cunard cruise.

There has to be a reason Cunard have redefined their dress code and I'm guessing the bean counters have decided in order to encourage more folk to cruise with them, a slightly less rigid dress code is needed in certain areas of the ship. I can go with that. What other folk wear has little or no impact on me unless the outfit is so stunning it catches my attention.

Cunard ships won't attract those who prefer their water slides and climbing walls; their anytime dining in multitudes of eateries etc however relaxed the dress code might become and so I'm hoping by tweaking the dress requirements ever so slightly, Cunard will continue to attract passengers, new and regular, to fill their beds and thus the slightly gracious way of holidaying, will carry on.
    Well I can vouch for that Mrs M. The people I have met on our 3 Cunard cruises have been no different to those we have met on other cruise lines (we tried about 13 different lines and lots of ships).

We are boarding Queen Victoria tomorrow for a mini cruise with some friends. One the nights is deemed to be a Masquerade Ball. Whilst I know it to be a formal night, I'm not sure what the specific dress code should be other than the usual formal attire.
    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
      Well I can vouch for that Mrs M. The people I have met on our 3 Cunard cruises have been no different to those we have met on other cruise lines (we tried about 13 different lines and lots of ships).

We are boarding Queen Victoria tomorrow for a mini cruise with some friends. One the nights is deemed to be a Masquerade Ball. Whilst I know it to be a formal night, I'm not sure what the specific dress code should be other than the usual formal attire.
      Mask ball open to interpretation if you deviate from the tame traditional styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Jill, have the most wonderful time on my favourite ship and don't be concerned about the Masquerade Ball. I took a pair of masks with us on our very first Cunard cruise and they never saw the light of day. Since then, we've not bothered as not many passengers enter into the theme of the night, from b&w [black's my fav.''colour'' anyway] and any red &gold theme.

Have fun

Mrs M xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
          Jill, have the most wonderful time on my favourite ship and don't be concerned about the Masquerade Ball. I took a pair of masks with us on our very first Cunard cruise and they never saw the light of day. Since then, we've not bothered as not many passengers enter into the theme of the night, from b&w [black's my fav.''colour'' anyway] and any red &gold theme.

Have fun

Mrs M xx
          Thanks for that Mrs M. I will wearing black and gold but definitely won't be bothering with the masks.
          Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X