• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've taken the plunge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    This is getting onerous..

    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    Now even I am confused -
    I would take decorations to mean 'Medals' and the like?
    MG - do you mean I have to dig out GrandDad's World War One medals?
    I do have them...
    ..somewhere...
    .
    Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

    Comment


      #17
      I've posted elsewhere that our invitation arrived today ...and very posh it is too !!! Having seen the black tie and decorations ...I was wondering what decorations the men will be wearing ??!!:D

      Comment


        #18
        I was thinking of some tinsel or flashing lights around my neck

        Comment


          #19
          I thought we were going to make badges with our avatars in them, do they count as decorations?..Carol

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
            MG - do you mean I have to dig out GrandDad's World War One medals?
            I do have them...
            ..somewhere...
            .
            Think I will have to scout around the second hand shops. buy a few,Hummm wonder if people actually do that

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
              I thought we were going to make badges with our avatars in them, do they count as decorations?..Carol
              Sounds good to me

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
                Think I will have to scout around the second hand shops. buy a few,Hummm wonder if people actually do that
                Yes there was a guy on the Remembrance Day parade with lots of gongs. Roger Day he was taken to court but only got 60 hours community service

                Comment


                  #23
                  Yes, but hopefully the humiliation will stay with Roger Day, for ever! He was trying to impress his 4th wife apparently, well that didn't work did it!

                  How anyone can 'buy', 'borrow', 'steal' medals is just beyond me, it is such a huge insult to those who earned them rightfully, just appalling.

                  Lizzie
                  Last edited by Lizzie, Lymington; 13th January 2010, 09:57 PM. Reason: Added the guys name
                  Lizzie sigpic

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
                    ...today I finally took the plunge and went the whole hog. I bought a proper dinner outfit.
                    "Respect"!

                    See my cruise blog: HERE

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Malcolm Oliver, Essex View Post
                      "Respect"!

                      (Many ships dining rooms are too hot for waistecoats as well, in my opinion. ;))

                      Comment


                        #26
                        haven't received mine yet mayby tomorrow. but black tie......... how do I tell Alex. will I have to wear a long dress? the only one I have is cream and it's a wee bit tight :o I don't do diets very well.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Issyalex that is why they invented wraps and pashminas You could always get a gold one which would look lovely with cream..Carol

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                            Yes, but hopefully the humiliation will stay with Roger Day, for ever! He was trying to impress his 4th wife apparently, well that didn't work did it!

                            How anyone can 'buy', 'borrow', 'steal' medals is just beyond me, it is such a huge insult to those who earned them rightfully, just appalling.

                            Lizzie
                            If he's lied to her about his military service, what else has he lied about?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                              Issyalex that is why they invented wraps and pashminas You could always get a gold one which would look lovely with cream..Carol
                              thanks Carol. didn't think of that but I don't have a wrap but will look for one unless I look for another dress that fits to save me dieting. ;) I've still got to talk Alex into the 'black tie' thing. he has just told me that he has two black ties a funeral one and a black one with black sparkly bits. I think I've got my work cut out with him eh. he usually wears a suit. I like the kilt or a white dinner jacket.
                              getting all excited now.
                              Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 14th January 2010, 02:13 PM.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                yipee, invitation came this morning :D
                                on the RSVP letter it states name decorations, I guess that doesn't mean letters after my name.............cos I have a few!!!!!!! and I don't mean the ones that hubbie calls me!!! :D
                                Alex is too young to have been in WW1 and WW2 and to much of a coward to have joined up for the other conflicts!! so no medals there oh I have tap, jazz and Scottish highland dancing medals do they count? lol
                                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X