• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've taken the plunge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've taken the plunge!

After years of saying, "I'm not dressing up like a penguin for formal nights, my ordinary suit will do fine," today I finally took the plunge and went the whole hog. I bought a proper dinner outfit. And it's the real thing - dinner suit, trousers with stripes down the legs, dress shirt with a sticky-up collar, bow-tie (I've never worn one before), and a cummerbund! I still need a fancy waistcoat though.

My old suit was good enough for Fred Olsen, but now we're going upmarket to P&O only the smartest will do. (Of course the fact I'll also be meeting many of you posh people on Azura has absolutely nothing to do with it!) ;)

Congratulations Dave - I'm sure you will look a perfect gent next time you go to collect the paper from the shop down the road.

You might find that you have to start fighting off the girls again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cruisings Cool
    sigpic
    Cruisings Cool

Comment

please post a pic of formal night
      Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
        After years of saying, "I'm not dressing up like a penguin for formal nights, my ordinary suit will do fine," today I finally took the plunge and went the whole hog. I bought a proper dinner outfit. And it's the real thing - dinner suit, trousers with stripes down the legs, dress shirt with a sticky-up collar, bow-tie (I've never worn one before), and a cummerbund! I still need a fancy waistcoat though.

My old suit was good enough for Fred Olsen, but now we're going upmarket to P&O only the smartest will do. (Of course the fact I'll also be meeting many of you posh people on Azura has absolutely nothing to do with it!) ;)
        Well Done Dave a new suit for a new ship!

Comment

Oh No Dave!!!

Didn't you get the new email from Sukie, for us its going to be just semi-formal, and don't worry about the posh people, just follow me

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post

Didn't you get the new email from Sukie, for us its going to be just semi-formal, and don't worry about the posh people, just follow me
            You mean to say the hat I've just bought wont do!
            We are going to a Christening after all.;)

Comment

Dave you will be joining the club soon. It will be a knock out

Comment

now I'll have to talk hubbie into getting a DJ or mayby hiring a kilt .........but somehow I don't thnk so
                so if you see a scruffy man on the Azura in a lounge suit that will be Alex
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Azura here we come

Hi Guys and Gals, Have just received in the post our formal invitations to the Azura Christening:D
                  It will be a Black-White and Gold theme,,:D

Comment

OMG - I cant wait to get home now, to see if mine has arrived and exactly what it says! (At work at moment).

You mean the very expensive black and pink outfit I splashed out on is no good either (never mind the hat)!
                    Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 13th January 2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                      OMG - I cant wait to get home now, to see if mine has arrived and exactly what it says! (At work at moment).

You mean the very expensive black and pink outfit I splashed out on is no good either (never mind the hat)!
                      Lol yes a very nice invitation card it is,, maybe you could get away with the pink and say its an Off white,:D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
                        Lol yes a very nice invitation card it is:D
                        Yes, it's a definite stiffie.

Dress: Black Tie and Decorations
                        Theme: Black, White and Gold

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          Yes, it's a definite stiffie.

Dress: Black Tie and Decorations
                          Theme: Black, White and Gold
                          You'd better spell that out more clearly Morton, otherwise some may think 'decorations' mean tinsel.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                            You'd better spell that out more clearly Morton, otherwise some may think 'decorations' mean tinsel.
                            ...and it's not? I've saved some from the tree!

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                              Originally posted by Morton View Post
                              ...and it's not? I've saved some from the tree!
                              Now even I am confused - I would take decorations to mean 'Medals' and the like?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X