• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail dress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    There will be 3 formal, 3 smart casual and 8 casual.

Dress can vary sometimes depending on which ship and where you are cruising to. What ages are the children.
    If young then just a smart pair of trousers with a nice shirt will do for the boys and every girl has a party dress in her wardrobe? If they are a little older, I adapt for boys, the school uniform: black school trousers put with a nice white shirt and a bow tie and black school shoes.
    If you can give more detail in your question ie what ship, where and ages of children, we can give a more specific answer.
    We are on the IOS cruising the med, my son is 6 so from your advce I know what he can wear, my daughter is 10, but with a 14 years old body. Looks like I have to do some serious shopping....what a shame ;)

Comment

Originally posted by eiles, chesterfield View Post
      We are on the IOS cruising the med, my son is 6 so from your advce I know what he can wear, my daughter is 10, but with a 14 years old body. Looks like I have to do some serious shopping....what a shame ;)
      Dressing children (and adults) for formal nights can be a very pricey experience and I just want to say pop in to your nearest TK Max outlet. They have an amazing amount of party/evening wear and since it is the post Christmas party season, they are selling it all of at ridiculously low prices - and yes - I went in there to buy a large vase and came out with two evening dresses! Now I samply HAVE to book another cruise!!!! Well I can't let them rot in a wardrobe can I?;) Oh, and not to leave the boys out, I ALSO managed to buy a dress shirt for my 13 year old grandson which goes perfectly with his kilt!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X