• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail dress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Walker, Seascale;22059]Wow, the only other person I have met who has a cruise drawer!!! I feel slightly more sane now!

Comment

It's the only way I have of making sure there's some decent underwear, hand gel, sunscreen etc.....roll-up slippers, 2 pairs of spare glasses ( which I was glad about when the arm snapped off on Ventura!)....my precious denture repair kit in case that front tooth comes off again....I also have a multitude of sewing kits, as everyone thinks "cruising" when it comes to presents, and a replenished firstaid kit!
      Any more bottom draw-ers?
      Jo.
      Jo.

Comment

[QUOTE=M, Alloa;22421]
        Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
        Wow, the only other person I have met who has a cruise drawer!!! I feel slightly more sane now!
        There's not much call for cruise stuff in Alloa M, so you'll need a bottom drawer to keep it in LOL

Texmex
        ps also from Alloa area hehe

Comment

As one who packs the day of the holiday, or the night before, I race around the house with the print out of my check list. Everything's always clean and my family joke that if they stand still long enough, they might get put in the washer. I was told years ago by a friend who had a very upmarket dress shop that the way to keep drawers and wardrobes fresh, is never put worn clothes back. A point I always follow and it works. It also means I can pack and travel at a hours notice, which I have done in the past.

Comment

[QUOTE=texmex, scotland;22476]
            Originally posted by M, Alloa View Post
            There's not much call for cruise stuff in Alloa M, so you'll need a bottom drawer to keep it in LOL

Texmex
            ps also from Alloa area hehe
            Well we are very close to the mouth of the Forth so there is always hope!!!

Oh and Hi neighbour!

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
              As one who packs the day of the holiday, or the night before, I race around the house with the print out of my check list. Everything's always clean and my family joke that if they stand still long enough, they might get put in the washer. I was told years ago by a friend who had a very upmarket dress shop that the way to keep drawers and wardrobes fresh, is never put worn clothes back. A point I always follow and it works. It also means I can pack and travel at a hours notice, which I have done in the past.
              I am going to sound a bit naive but what do you do with the clothes if you don't put them back in the wardrobe? I too am a last minute packer and that is the joy of a cruise drawer! Again, I too use a list and would be a sorry sight on a cruise if I didn't! My family don't ask me if I have packed yet - they just ask if my list is done!::o

Comment

I am going to sound a bit naive but what do you do with the clothes if you don't put them back in the wardrobe? I too am a last minute packer and that is the joy of a cruise drawer! Again, I too use a list and would be a sorry sight on a cruise if I didn't! My family don't ask me if I have packed yet - they just ask if my list is done!::o
                I have an interesting wardrobe set up which includes an open hanging space for clothes 'on the go'. I would be lost without my set of lists, a basic one and then various ones depending on the climate, type of holiday. I've got it down to a fine art!

Comment

It's the only way I have of making sure there's some decent underwear, hand gel, sunscreen etc.....roll-up slippers, 2 pairs of spare glasses ( which I was glad about when the arm snapped off on Ventura!)....my precious denture repair kit in case that front tooth comes off again....I also have a multitude of sewing kits, as everyone thinks "cruising" when it comes to presents, and a replenished firstaid kit!
                  Any more bottom draw-ers?
                  Jo.
                  Jo, you weren't on Legend of the Seas in June 2006 by any chance?

Comment

Jo, you weren't on Legend of the Seas in June 2006 by any chance?
                    Do you mean that fat drunken woman in the kareoke?
                    No, we've not been on RCI- yet.
                    2006 was Princess and (whisper) Louis cruises.
                    Jo.
                    Jo.

Comment

I am also a last minute packer as the clothes don't crease if you pack them as late as poss. but I don't write lists I don't have the time or inclination. so as long as you have your tickets, passports, money, cashline and visa cards and a change of underwear you cannot go wrong :D
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Not quite so prepared!

Originally posted by Morton
                        I know I'm laid back about travelling Issy, but you sound almost horizontal! I must have my list. It enables me to go away with the lightest suitcases on the forum. Coming back of course is a different matter. Shopping takes up the slack!

Comment

Originally posted by Morton
                          I know I'm laid back about travelling Issy, but you sound almost horizontal! I must have my list. It enables me to go away with the lightest suitcases on the forum. Coming back of course is a different matter. Shopping takes up the slack!
                          Morton, I've got to be laid back cos hubbie gets so uptight about travelling. it starts from the moment we leave the house till we arrive in the cabin, only then does he relax. I think his problem is that he doesn't........... book airport car parking for HIS car (I'm only the passenger!), book cruise, fill in online forms, pack suitcase, read tickets for flight times etc, know cabin number..........oh I could go on and on and on.:D
                          our suitcases weight is about 20-21k each, and they are hard bodied cases, so I've even got that down to a tee.
                          my holiday starts from when I leave the house so I just savour every moment and don't worry.
                          but to be fair he is getting better at least he doesn't sit right outside the departure gate as soon as the screen informs us that we can go to depature lounge. I am allowed to go to the duty free shop and he will even have a coffee in the cafe..........as long as it is the cafe beside the departure gate.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Morton, I've got to be laid back cos hubbie gets so uptight about travelling. it starts from the moment we leave the house till we arrive in the cabin, only then does he relax. I think his problem is that he doesn't........... book airport car parking for HIS car (I'm only the passenger!), book cruise, fill in online forms, pack suitcase, read tickets for flight times etc, know cabin number..........oh I could go on and on and on.:D
                            our suitcases weight is about 20-21k each, and they are hard bodied cases, so I've even got that down to a tee.
                            my holiday starts from when I leave the house so I just savour every moment and don't worry.
                            but to be fair he is getting better at least he doesn't sit right outside the departure gate as soon as the screen informs us that we can go to depature lounge. I am allowed to go to the duty free shop and he will even have a coffee in the cafe..........as long as it is the cafe beside the departure gate.
                            Ahh, you see, that's what a husband is for in this house. He does everything. Me? I just have 'The List' and make sure everything on it is packed. I agree with you the holiday starts from shutting the front door. I enjoy it all, including the travel.

Comment

Do you mean that fat drunken woman in the kareoke?
                              No, we've not been on RCI- yet.
                              2006 was Princess and (whisper) Louis cruises.
                              Jo.
                              Hush Jo, we will keep this between ourselves - I too have sailed with Louis!!!

Comment

Hush Jo, we will keep this between ourselves - I too have sailed with Louis!!!
                                Let's keep an even bigger secret......we actually enjoyed it! (Hide this from Bosscat!;)).
                                You weren't with the Really Big Sing?
                                Jo.
                                Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X