• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weddings at Sea - How much?! Find out with our exclusive comparison chart!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weddings at Sea - How much?! Find out with our exclusive comparison chart!

A big traditional white wedding at home can cost an arm and a leg, so it's not surprising that more and more couples are choosing to get married abroad or at sea.

Not only does a cruiseship wedding offer great value for money, but for those of us who hate planning it's a great way to get someone else to organise all the nitty gritty details for you too!

Here is an easy comparison of what the top cruise lines offer and most importantly the costs involved

The average wedding cost includes the price of the cruise based on 2 adults sharing a balcony cabin on a 12 night Mediterranean Cruise (flights included where applicable), the wedding package, wedding license fee, photographs, hand held bridal flowers and one tier wedding cake.

Please note some of the cruise lines charge dollars onboard so these prices are correct as of 7 October when the prices where converted to pounds.

Did you get married at sea, or ever attended a cruise ship wedding? Maybe you're considering it? What do you think of these prices? Who do you think you'd book with?
    Last edited by Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs; 10th October 2011, 11:45 AM.

• cruiselady, kilsyth
    replied
    I too would recommend getting married at sea we got married onboard sea princess and it was the most fantastic day the staff could not do enough for us. We received a beautiful wedding certificate from bermuda so anyone thinking about it go ahead

Leave a comment:

• wave6175, rotherham
    replied
    Marriage at sea

My partner and I were married at sea onboard Celebrity Eclipse in August 2011. We had a fantastic day and the staff and co-ordinator could not have made our day more special. Initially there was just myself, my partner and my son at the wedding but we made so many friends onboard that expressed a wish to attend the ceremony, special invites were sent out and in the end around 40 were in attendance at no extra cost. We had a live pianist that played our wedding music, wedding cake, champagne toast, rose petals on the bed, and guided tours of the bridge, etc. The photograph album that arrived 14 weeks later was absolutely stunning. In total the wedding cost around 2,500 dollars, the licence from Malta around 500 dollars and the photographs around 1,500 dollars. Great value for money and a really memorable day. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• History Addict, Alfreton
    replied
    Originally posted by Happybride, Edinburgh View Post
    I got married onboard P&O's ship in Ventura in July and my husband and I had a fantastic day which we will remember forever. I was apprehensive as we we were getting married the day after we boarded the ship and was unsure if there was enough time to meet the wedding co-ordinator, photographer, hairdresser and beautician prior to the ceremony. However, all the staff were professional and knew what they were doing but at the same time were keen to listen to any ideas or suggestions which my husband and I had. We travelled with 14 family members so it felt like an intimate wedding. Our wedding photographs are stunning thanks to the ship's photographers, Hugh and Mark - we will have a wonderful momento of a special day. If anyone is thinking about getting married at sea - go for it! You won't be disappointed!
    Hi Happybride

Were you by any chance on the Ventura 16 July departure? There was a large Scottish wedding party in one of the lounges that evening sat very close to us watching the Elton John tribute act. It looked as though you were all having a great time if it was your party. I thought at the time what a lovely way to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• IC, Wootton Bassett
    replied
    We got married on board the Oceana 2006 and I for one can say it was the best day of our life
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Luv2cruise, Hampshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
    I noticed on the cc forum that posters say it's impossible to be actually married on the ship, but I've seen many couples on the P&O and sister Princess ships.
    Not exactly. There are no (seaworthy) ships currently registered in the UK as wedding venues (which they must be to allow a valid wedding, even if there's a licensed registrar present), but it is possible to get married on board ships that are registered elsewhere. As the post above says, P&O are registered for marriages with Bermuda, and the captains are licenced notaries - the wedding must take place on board ship, but isn't actually valid until the wedding certificate is registered with and validated by the Bermudian authorities, which I think needs to happen within 14 days. So technically, it is possible that a marriage could be rendered invalid by incorrect registration, but I'm sure the cruise line would pull out all the stops to make sure that doesn't happen. All the details are on the P&O website: P&O Cruises | Weddings Site | Terms and Conditions

Leave a comment:

• Jocap, Cumbria
    replied
    I know Spartan's daughters were married legally on board ship, and the Bermudian marriage licence is legal all over the world.
    In England, the official church is the Church of England, and all vicars automatically become registrars on ordination; same for the Church of Scotland, Ireland. More and more venues are applying for a licence now....Prince Charles was going to apply for one for Windsor castle, but it would then have been an open venue for anyone else who wanted to marry there....
    Jo.

Leave a comment:

• tomvet, limerick, roi
    replied
    I am not sure Jo. All I Know in Ireland is that if you wnat to get married outside Ireland but want to have the marriage registered in Ireland, you have to actually 'get married' in the registry office here and then go off and have a 'dummy' ceremony elsewhere - technically or legally you are married before the event on the ship. Within Ireland you can only be married in registered premises i.e. all churches, some hotels and venues and it must be done with a registered solemniser. All resident clergy are registered solemnisers, however, if your Uncle from the brazillian missions comes home to marry you, he must be registered as a solemniser before he can marry you - all for the some of €150 - tax by another name!

Leave a comment:

• Jocap, Cumbria
    replied
    Am I right in thinking that only P&O and Princess offer weddings actually at sea? I noticed on the cc forum that posters say it's impossible to be actually married on the ship, but I've seen many couples on the P&O and sister Princess ships.
    Jo.

Leave a comment:

• Happybride, Edinburgh
    replied
    I got married onboard P&O's ship in Ventura in July and my husband and I had a fantastic day which we will remember forever. I was apprehensive as we we were getting married the day after we boarded the ship and was unsure if there was enough time to meet the wedding co-ordinator, photographer, hairdresser and beautician prior to the ceremony. However, all the staff were professional and knew what they were doing but at the same time were keen to listen to any ideas or suggestions which my husband and I had. We travelled with 14 family members so it felt like an intimate wedding. Our wedding photographs are stunning thanks to the ship's photographers, Hugh and Mark - we will have a wonderful momento of a special day. If anyone is thinking about getting married at sea - go for it! You won't be disappointed!

Leave a comment:

• Yogini, Waterlooville
    replied
    I'd consider getting married at sea, if I could find someone to have me! lol

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X