• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

med cruise April 8th weather - what to wear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

med cruise April 8th weather - what to wear

Hi We have booked FO Braemar Med cruise 8th April, Dover > three days at sea > lisbon , malaga, cartegena, palma, barcelona ,gibraltar ,la coruna (Spain) , 2 days at sea . Dover.
    Looking at the snow outside now I am really panicking as to what to pack .
    Ive only been to hot cruise places - presume the formal wear and cocktail dresses will be o k to still take and wear (The are sleevless & some backless but if we stay in doors is it hot enough ?)
    Its the day time - any suggestions - ( I dont think the bikinis/ flip flops will get an airing somehow ) day wear and foot wear.
    Thinking about 3 days at sea and dont want to stay on the ship at ports of call if its cold or rainy - but may go sunny

what a nightmare !
    Many thanks for any help

Hi, we came back from a a world cruise in April into Barcelona, although the sky was blue it was very cold at first, , so I advise a fleece slacks and flat shoes, It gradually warmed up and by lunchtime we were able to remove the fleece . enjoy your cruise. CG
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Cornish Girl - layering seems to be best then.
      never thought I would take a fleece on a cruise !

Comment

We once went on a cruise in April. We left Malta wearing very light clothes but it was really cold in Marseilles and we ended up buying thermal underwear to wear under our summery clothes. I had taken a cardigan and a light jacket and even though I wore them both together I still felt cold.
        Plus remember that while the ship is sailing it will be coldish so a fleece would come in handy.

Comment

We had a week in Barcelona one February. One day it was very very cold. The next day we were eating at a pavement cafe just in chinos and T shirts. I hope you are lucky and get some much needed sun.

Comment

Originally posted by strawberry, north west View Post
            Hi We have booked FO Braemar Med cruise 8th April, Dover > three days at sea > lisbon , malaga, cartegena, palma, barcelona ,gibraltar ,la coruna (Spain) , 2 days at sea . Dover.
            I would have thought that layers is definitely the way to go at this time of year. Hoping for some nice spring weather for you.

Comment

Thanks for all your good advice went to mums today she is really started to get organised with jackets and trousers - giving me a daily report of weather over there - seems to be generally 19 degrees so much better than here.
              Thank you all

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X