• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaping is backed in a Review by Public Health.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaping is backed in a Review by Public Health.

Look how far we have come in the last 9 or so years when we started our protestations against smokers and smoking.

I am changing the start of this thread because I inadvertently put in an incorrect link. The link below is one of the main links from which the BBC took it programmed remarks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ttes-committee

Basically it deals with the results of several years of study in the use of vaporising, that is the use of E Cigarettes, and the positve things which have come from these studies as against the minimal amount of negatives that were found. ..

Once more my apologies but it is a subject which is well worth airing as it would appear that much of the bad news about vaping was influenced by reports from the Tobacco Industry. .....Neil
    Last edited by Neil Down, Southampton; 6th February 2018, 07:52 PM.

One thing I know for sure is that I’d much rather be around someone smoking an eCigarette than someone smoking tobacco.
    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

One thing I know for sure is....I'd much rather be around someone writing smoking and tipping threads than Brexit threads...

Regards
      Garfield

Comment

Completely contradicts last week's report.

See: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...study-suggests

They also used to tell us that cigarettes were good for your health.

Stewart

Comment

Cant stand either, If you want to stop smoking, STOP, I am all for any help to get off tobacco, For a while, However I am seeing a growing number of people vaping constantly, One of my friends sucks on it constantly rather like a dummy, Very annoying indeed. And then there are those younger ones who have never smoked and started vaping as it is deemed "cool " . Ridiculous. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
            Cant stand either, If you want to stop smoking, STOP, I am all for any help to get off tobacco, For a while, However I am seeing a growing number of people vaping constantly, One of my friends sucks on it constantly rather like a dummy, Very annoying indeed. And then there are those younger ones who have never smoked and started vaping as it is deemed "cool " . Ridiculous. Jan.
            I agree Jan, it takes nothing more than willpower. For pity's sake it's only a tobacco addiction, not heroin............Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Tobacco and alcohol are drugs condoned by the government - look at the tax take.

What is the tax take on e-cigarettes??

I heard this morning that a NHS trust is considering allowing patients to use vipers whilst occupying NHS beds - nuts - JMO. Trying to confirm the source - apparently in the newspapers.

Annie
              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 6th February 2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Nicotine is more addictive than heroin, apparently.
                Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                I agree Jan, it takes nothing more than willpower. For pity's sake it's only a tobacco addiction, not heroin............Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  Tobacco and alcohol are drugs condoned by the government - look at the tax take.

What is the tax take on e-cigarettes??

I heard this morning that a NHS trust is considering allowing patients to use VIPERS whilst occupying NHS beds - nuts - JMO. Trying to confirm the source - apparently in the newspapers.

Annie

Other snakes will be available..
                  Regards
                  Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                    Nicotine is more addictive than heroin, apparently.
                    Then all the more reason to stop people using it I say. Jan.

Comment

As an ex heavy smoker (35 years in total) I know that it is extremely difficult to stop smoking. I managed it with the help of nicotine patches and a mild tranquiliser each day but even with that help I had a minor breakdown in the process. My son stopped smoking with the help of vaping and he was a 20 a day smoker so for that reason I would endorse vaping as a means to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
                        Completely contradicts last week's report.

See: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...study-suggests

They also used to tell us that cigarettes were good for your health.

Stewart
                        Yes, that is why I put it on here. The previous thread was full of inconsistencies whereas this is a fully backed British review.

The idea is that if and when E-cigarettes are prescribed they will be types that have been selected and tested before being prescribed whereas much of the previous study's samples were those produced by dubious suppliers. I am not saying this as a fact but there was a strong possibility that the previous study was subsidised by the Tobacco Industry.

Anyway you can read the current article and see the authenticity as well. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                          This

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...andmark-review

is quite a long and well referenced Review produced by so highly eminent people and it includes some solid facts and finding plus the positive measures which should follow.

One of those measures is that from October 2018 it will be illegal to sell E-cigarettes to anyone under the age of 18 or to buy e-cigarettes for them.

I would trust it far more than the Guardian's production. .....Neil

Comment

Only my opinion, but I think problems will arise because of the failure to regulate the content of the vaping liquids used by the 'vapers'. Cheap imported liquids have been flooding the market and there is no indication of the content. If someone can find a liquid for 99p they will not purchase a 10ml bottle for £2.50 regardless of the content. For me this is a great cause for concern as some of my family members have used vaping as a means of stoppng smoking but have not yet weaned themselves off the habit of needing a 'prop' from hand to mouth!

Comment

The NHS has enough problems without putting vapers on prescription just give up smoking !!!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X