• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belfast

Hi all
    I will be docked in Belfast in a few weeks,and looking for something to do.
    I have been to Belfast many times and done the Titanic Experience etc....

A friend of mine did the Black Taxi political tour,including the Wall Murals,Peace Wall,Crumlin Rd jail etc,,,,,he said the talk by the driver was brilliant,,,with no bias.

I rang one company and they said they can pick me up from the ship for a 90 min tour for £40 a cab.

I could get the port shuttle into the city and get the HoHo bus that does the same route through the Falls/Shankill Road etc,,,,,,and the bus does show more of the rest of Belfast.

Anybody ever done the Political Tour,,,,,,or the HoHo bus.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    I will be docked in Belfast in a few weeks,and looking for something to do.
    I have been to Belfast many times and done the Titanic Experience etc....

A friend of mine did the Black Taxi political tour,including the Wall Murals,Peace Wall,Crumlin Rd jail etc,,,,,he said the talk by the driver was brilliant,,,with no bias.

I rang one company and they said they can pick me up from the ship for a 90 min tour for £40 a cab.

I could get the port shuttle into the city and get the HoHo bus that does the same route through the Falls/Shankill Road etc,,,,,,and the bus does show more of the rest of Belfast.

JC
    Yes JC. I've done the HoHo bus in Belfast and was glad I did. The commentary as always makes the ride so much more interesting. I like that you can get on and off at any time too, not that I did in Belfast.

It sounds as though the bus covers all the sites you mention the political tour in a taxi does.
    Last edited by Smith7; 6th May 2019, 03:36 PM.
    Jill

Comment

There are bus companies that do tours

not at home to look it up the one we used.

https://www.mccombscoaches.com/tours

I think that's them.

We did giants causeway and a political tour and it was less than £25 each.

​​​​

Comment

When exactly will you be there. I know you said you have done the Titanic, but 26th - 28th is the Maritime Festival. I saw this earlier as we were looking for a weekend away.

https://visitbelfast.com/whats-on/ev...ime-festival-2

Comment

Hi Andy
          In Belfast 24th....Btw the festival is 25th--27th.

ps,,No TT this year?
          JC
          Last edited by jc, liverpool; 6th May 2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Andy
            In Belfast 24th....Btw the festival is 25th--27th.

ps,,No TT this year?
            JC
            No, spent a bit on my new bike, but might see if I can get over for the Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
              There are bus companies that do tours

not at home to look it up the one we used.

https://www.mccombscoaches.com/tours

I think that's them.

We did giants causeway and a political tour and it was less than £25 each.

​​​​
              Hi TD
              Had a look at that tour,,it gets back to the ship at 19:00,we sail at 16:00.....I would have to catch a train to Cork!!!

I stay with a friend every year,he lives in Donegal,,he took me on a long drive one year to the Causway.
              JC

Comment

The bus companies do(did?) tours for cruise visits pick up at the ship.

No one on the roll call got anything organised?

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  The bus companies do(did?) tours for cruise visits pick up at the ship.

No one on the roll call got anything organised?
                  Hi TD
                  No,,they are all for Game of Thrones tours.....I'm not into that stuff.

I'll probably check out the weather on the day,,if it's chucking it down I will phone for the taxi tour.
                  If the sun is cracking the slates its HoHo bus and a couple of pints in the city.

If they are setting up for the start of the Maritime Festival,,the Titanic Quarter could be a good craic for lunch.

JC
                  Last edited by jc, liverpool; 6th May 2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

My eldest daughter flew to Belfast a few years ago and enjoyed the HoHo bus.

Comment

Hi all

JC
                      We have done the black cab tour. The driver was completely impartial in his presentation and was able to portray the extent of the problems in such a vivid and personal way. It was a brilliant way to spend an afternoon and would highly recommend it. Get together with another couple and it will be as cheap as the ho ho.

Comment

IMG_3334.JPG

I've been sorting my photos from last week and found this one from Belfast - BTCIC Taxi Tours.
                        Attached Files

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X