• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crew WiFi Locations in the Ports Worldwide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crew WiFi Locations in the Ports Worldwide

Found this it may be of use to members it gives information to crew members of where to find W.I.F.I at various ports.

Crew WiFi Locations in the Ports Worldwide | Crew Center

This short article regarding protecting security at WiFi hot spots: Redirecting to /uk/how-to/6-ways-to...-spots-safely/
    Last edited by tuggy, warminster; 16th June 2014, 11:33 AM.
    ]

That's a useful one Tuggy..........Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

This could be very useful if it works!
      Having been around the world a few times and sat with the crew in many different locations, I have to say it never really works well, or it never did for me!
      I spent many hours on my recent world cruise sitting in coffee shops , cruise terminals local places where the crew are. The thing never worked for long . What happens it gets overloaded . Too many people trying to log on at one time so no body gains anything.
      Many times the crew just gave up as I did as it was a waste of time.
      The best time to access the Wi-fi on the ship I found was in the early hours of the morning. After midnight, or early around 6-0am. Or when people are going to dinner around 7-30 in an evening.
      Another good time is on change over day if you are staying on the ship and not leaving as no one is using the laundry or the Wi -Fi on these days.
      Many of the ports on the list I have tried with out success to get free Wi-Fi.
      Marina Bay Singapore was diabolical! New termnal not many crew or paxs using it but still no good. I wasted two hours in there before giving up as a dead loss. Next day all paxs left and the speed was rapid fast on the ship!!

My other tip would be to go to the nearest five star or a decent hotel and use their free Wi-Fi.
      I got a lot done in the Crowne Plaza Nagasaki. Walked in as confident as the other guests and asked the password and sat and worked away. Did not even buy a drink I did this in various hotels around the world.
      I loaded all my photos into Photo Bucket and it just did it whilst I wondered around the hotel, admiring the shops and food etc.
      Last edited by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS; 16th June 2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X