• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you give it Back( EXTRA OBC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you give it Back( EXTRA OBC)

We have twice been given OBC that we did not expect.
    1 Equinox got some refund from a fuel charge plus $25 OBC could not find out where it came from?

2 Eclipse booked a last minute cancellation and found we had been given $100 OBC again we checked the Code that celebrity put on the Account and checked with reception ,who said " perhaps your agent gave it you" .I phoned the agent who said it was not them but the people who had booked the cabin before us had $100 OBC and it must have been left on the cabin account.

Friends who have just returned from Eclipse have had the same thing happen to them.
    Would you spend it and think thanks a lot or try to hand it back.
    Me I said thanks and spent the money..Taffy
    ​Taffy

I would query with reception once - give them 24 hours to fix the error and then spend it.

Annie

Comment

Spend it! Thank you very much! Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
        I would query with reception once - give them 24 hours to fix the error and then spend it.

Annie
        Just what we did,no point in making a fuss?

Welcome back did you enjoy your break....Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

Deffo spend it

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
            Just what we did,no point in making a fuss?

Welcome back did you enjoy your break....Taffy
            Thanks Taffy.

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed my break in Germany. I reminded myself how much I enjoy non-cruising holidays Berlin and the surroundings is a fascinating area - OK I can be a history buff - but they have a very relaxed lifestyle. BTW they need Richard Branson to sort out the trains

Weather - a bit too warm for the Germans - 35C but you just have to drink more beer

Annie

Comment

On the surface it seems very straightforward.However,mistakes on overcharging for shipboard accounts are pretty common and we expect those to be rectified in our favour.However,as you pointed it out and they did nothing your conscience is clear and I'm sure Celebrity enhanced your enjoyment
              NCL forgot to put onboard credit on my account, I soon pointed that out and to be fair they put it right straight away.

Comment

I remember that a few months ago a Woman had £10,000 deposited into her bank account by accident & she ended up in court as she had spent some of it & many members of this forum including me thought that she had been very foolish in spending money that was not hers, This is just the same the only difference is the amount of money!! is it not. I in this case i would insist to have it in writing that the funds where mine to spend before I spent it.
                Last edited by tuggy, warminster; 13th June 2014, 05:46 PM.
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  Yes I thoroughly enjoyed my break in Germany. I reminded myself how much I enjoy non-cruising holidays Berlin and the surroundings is a fascinating area..
                  Annie, Berlin is probably one of our favourite cities! Just fascinating.

As for the money, I'd spend it WITHOUT an ounce of guilt!
                  See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by tuggy, warminster View Post
                    I remember that a few months ago a Woman had £10,000 deposited into her bank account by accident & she ended up in court as she had spent some of it & many members of this forum including me thought that she had been very foolish in spending money that was not hers, This is just the same the only difference is the amount of money!! is it not. I in this case i would insist to have it in writing that the funds where mine to spend before I spent it.
                    I agree Tuggy the principal is exactly the same regardless of the amount involved,

I was not concerned if they deducted the extra amount at some time during the cruise as they were not huge sums,would I have done anything different had it been a bigger sum I do not know ,but asking where the money had come from and being told it was OK was good enough for me..Taffy
                    ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                      We have twice been given OBC that we did not expect.
                      1 Equinox got some refund from a fuel charge plus $25 OBC could not find out where it came from?

2 Eclipse booked a last minute cancellation and found we had been given $100 OBC again we checked the Code that celebrity put on the Account and checked with reception ,who said " perhaps your agent gave it you" .I phoned the agent who said it was not them but the people who had booked the cabin before us had $100 OBC and it must have been left on the cabin account.

Friends who have just returned from Eclipse have had the same thing happen to them.
                      Would you spend it and think thanks a lot or try to hand it back.
                      Me I said thanks and spent the money..Taffy
                      We once had $1,200, yes $1,200 OBC given to us on an Azamara cruise some years ago. We questioned this "gift" twice; once with reception and a second time with the Purser. On both occasions we were assured that it was ours to spend as we wanted to.

The on-board shops did very well from us but we did very well also as so much on Azamara is free anyway. .....Neil

Comment

I would question it once, then for an amount of $100 or less I would spend it, because it wouldn't be a big problem if they later removed the credit. If the amount was so large that I wouldn't be able, or willing to repay it, it would be a different matter. I wouldn't need to make any unusual purchases to use up $100 on a cruise.

Sheila

Comment

$248 returned by Carnival as OBC on last years Legend trip to the Baltic. Queried it with reception and then checked again the following day and asked for a reason. One of the ports had reduced it port fees and Carnival passed it on to the passengers. Can't see P&O doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                            We once had $1,200, yes $1,200 OBC given to us on an Azamara cruise some years ago. We questioned this "gift" twice; once with reception and a second time with the Purser. On both occasions we were assured that it was ours to spend as we wanted to.

The on-board shops did very well from us but we did very well also as so much on Azamara is free anyway. .....Neil
                            Neil your were in luck that day ,how nice was that .
                            Our friends did well with $300 from Celebrity ,I think they cancellation they booked must have had the money put on the cabin as part of the 123 deal they enjoyed spending it ...Taffy
                            ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X