• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Cruises Tipping Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity Cruises Tipping Policy

Gratuities
    For your convenience, we will automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard Seapass account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion: $11.50 per person per day for guests in staterooms ($12.00 per person per day for guests in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms and $15.00 per person per day for guests in Suites). These service gratuities are based on the following recommended amounts:

Restaurant Service*Per Person Per DayWaiter$3.65Assistant Waiter$2.10Dining Room Management$1.00Stateroom Service*Per Person Per DayButler (Suites Only)$3.50Stateroom Service $3.50 ($4.00 for Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms)Alternative Service*Other Service Personnel$1.25
    Beverage Service personnel are acknowledged with a 15% service charge which will be automatically added to the bill.

*Please note that gratuities may be shared with other crew members depending on the particular service requirement.

Direct dial 0800 408 6089

I know about this as I have cruised with =X= before, but I reckon that the amounts will be a bit of a shock for those used to say, P&O's recommended amounts. I wonder how this will go down with Eclipse sailing from Southampton this year.

Comment

You can take them off though.

We have taken them off and we pay all our staff/helpers individually,we prefer it this way so we always take U S dollars to hand out in envelopes on the last day of the cruise.
      some call me Mrs Early Bird......:p

oooo and I guess we want a badge too.
      Adventure Oct 2011,Indy Feb 2012. Allure Aug 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by johnthed0g, UK View Post
        I know about this as I have cruised with =X= before, but I reckon that the amounts will be a bit of a shock for those used to say, P&O's recommended amounts. I wonder how this will go down with Eclipse sailing from Southampton this year.
        This has been the gratuity payment now for X for the past 12 months or so as we paid this last year on our April and September cruises.
        Bill Byth
        sigpic
        Website

Comment

We paid for our gratuities at the time of booking. I was told that Celebrity were going down the route of prepaid gratuities, have they not?

It made life slightly easier in knowing the they were paid but we will probably give cash to some crew who we feel deserve it.
          [B]Upcoming: Ventura FJORDS[/B]:D

Comment

sorry they are prepaid if not the tipping will be charged to your credit card
            go to Celebritys website and read the booking agreement.
            to stop all this it would be better if they put the cost on the Price
            I for one hate being asked to tip.

Comment

We have not paid the tips and have not been told they will charge them to our C C and when we booked for this cruise we were asked IF we wanted them adding etc and we said no because we take U S $.
              I have actually been intouch with Celebrity and they confirmed this,so unfortunatly there are many versions you will hear.

We think the best way is to clarify this when booked and make a note of who you spoke to ,date etc then at least you have your ref to it at a later date.

Comment

As I understand it, you MUST pre-pay if you opt for anytime/freedom dining, the other "option" is autotip at an amount determined by cabin grade typically $12/ person/day. Tips can be removed but this is really the sort of thing that I feel is looked down apon as ''not the done thing''. It also appears (from long debates on Cruise Critic) that it is "the American way" to give even more as cash at the end, when I say even more they give another $100 according to some, Cruise Critic is basically American so it gives an insight into another world.

Comment

We are actually first sitting for dinner........however we were asked IF we wanted to pre pay and we said no.....so it seems there are many different variations of what is said.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue, Grimsby View Post
                    We are actually first sitting for dinner........however we were asked IF we wanted to pre pay and we said no.....so it seems there are many different variations of what is said.
                    Sue, let me put you in the picture Re Celebrity.
                    At about halfway through your cruise you will recieve a letter advising you that gratuites will be added to your account, unless of course if you have prepaid.

There will be an option to adjust, hopefully in their eyes, upwards of this amount.

Take it from me that will happen no matter how many times you run to the desk telling them not to add them to your account.

Removal or reduction can only take place after that letter has arrived...........Wilba
                    Wilba

Comment

Hi Sue,

We cruised with Celebrity the last two years (and had a fantastic time) and decided to pre-pay our gratuties at the time of booking the cruise, not really knowing if this would be the best thing to do or not. It actually worked out much cheaper for us to do this somehow and it also saved the kerfuffle of trying to work it all out with envelopes on the last night. We were more than happy with the wonderful service from all the staff and you could use the envelopes to add extra appreciation for those people that you felt earnt it if you wished.

Comment

Just leave the autotip on....easy isn't it?

Comment

Hey nifty i was in Bournemouth 45 years ago is the pub criterion still there ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie One, Perth View Post
                            Hey nifty i was in Bournemouth 45 years ago is the pub criterion still there ?
                            Did you ask me this on another site?

Comment

Why remove auto tips?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X