• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gratuities - what does everyone charge?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although it's not normally compulsory, gratuities (tips) can be a confusing issue where cruising is concerned. Attached is a guide to the amount of gratuities and service charges you can expect to be added to your on board account. Please note: This information was correct in January 2009 and should be used as a guide only.
    Attached Files
    Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

Please note: I am currently on maternity leave. Should you have any admin queries, please send a PM to Nisha at sea . Thanks

Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

You have been busy today Robby. Friday away cruising? Now all we will need to do is teach some folk to read. Seriously, great information sheet, particularly for new cruisers which should nip many complaints in the bud.

Comment

Not right

Originally posted by Robinson Crusoe View Post
      Although it's not normally compulsory, gratuities (tips) can be a confusing issue where cruising is concerned. Attached is a guide to the amount of gratuities and service charges you can expect to be added to your on board account. Please note: This information was correct in January 2009 and should be used as a guide only.
      The first item I looked at on this sheet is, to my knowledge, incorrect. it states that the added gratuity on Azamara drinks is 15% and according to previous experience and their current web site that should read 18%
      I haven't checked the rest because if the first item is wrong then what chance is there of nothing else being wrong?

Sorry but it is misleading. .....Neil

Comment

Very useful thank you - I've just printed copy off. This will definitely help me decide who to cruise with. Gratuities are always a sore point with my husband who doesn't like the automatic tipping system. We prefer to tip personally at the end of our cruise using envelopes.

Comment

January figures?

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
          The first item I looked at on this sheet is, to my knowledge, incorrect. it states that the added gratuity on Azamara drinks is 15% and according to previous experience and their current web site that should read 18%
          I haven't checked the rest because if the first item is wrong then what chance is there of nothing else being wrong?

Sorry but it is misleading. .....Neil
          It does actually say that it's from January 2009 - so maybe Azamara have changed their policy since then. Why not check the next couple if you're in the know? I'd really appreciate it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mermaid Marge, Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea View Post
            It does actually say that it's from January 2009 - so maybe Azamara have changed their policy since then. Why not check the next couple if you're in the know? I'd really appreciate it?
            I think you will find it to be a 'Misprint' since January 2009 as there have been plenty of comments throughout the year of the 18% drinks/spa charges on Azamara.
            Wilba

Comment

No it's 18%

Hi Marge, No I have been on Azamara pre 2009 and during 2009 and it is 18% and has been every since its inception..... Regards ....Neil

Comment

THAT has got to hurt!

EIGHTEEN per cent??

Oh well, it'll soon be twenty! :D

Thank God we don't drink much at all!!

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Outrageous!

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                  Hi Marge, No I have been on Azamara pre 2009 and during 2009 and it is 18% and has been every since its inception..... Regards ....Neil
                  Thanks for coming back. How can they justify the 18% - that's crazy. It certainly puts me off going with Azamara. I thought 15% was bad on Qm2! Lol.

Comment

Don't be put off

Thanks for coming back. How can they justify the 18% - that's crazy. It certainly puts me off going with Azamara. I thought 15% was bad on Qm2! Lol.
                    We love Azamara, the two ships are Celebrity Cruise's high flyers, small ships with under 700 passengers, "butler" service, intimate atmosphere, open dining, superb food and an altogether better approach to cruising. The old saying; you get what you pay for, really applies. So don't be put off .....Neil

Comment

Thanks for the info. As this is our first cruise it is very helpful.

Comment

On our Royal Caribbean cruise (this month) if you did not pre-pay the service gratuities their "Tipping Guidelines" were:

"Suite Attendant $5.75 USD a day per guest"
                        "Stateroom Attendant $3.50 USD a day per guest"
                        "Dining Room Waiter $3.50 USD a day per guest"
                        "Assistant Waiter $2.00 USD a day per guest"

and on drinks their policy was:

"A 15% gratuity will be added automatically to your bar bill or wine cheque when you are served."

Comment

My third cruise with Azamara is coming up and Neil is quite correct they do charge 18% on everything.
                          Knowing this in advance we treat it as part of the cruise cost and Azamara are worth it.

Comment

Can anyone let me know what the gratuities are on Grand Princess

Comment

Originally posted by royboy, hull View Post
                              Can anyone let me know what the gratuities are on Grand Princess
                              Hi

It is $10.50 for inside/outside and $11 for suites. There is also the 15% on drinks, well it was when we sailed on Emerald 2 weeks ago.

Hope that helps.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X