• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gratuities! Who charges what? 2011 Update!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be quoted in price if the extra for cruise wages were added.I was appauld when i found out some crew didnt get paid.

Comment

Views on cruise tipping

Originally posted by Violet, Bramhall View Post
      Dear Neil, I am sorry that you find my words enigmatic -
      (Definition: hard to understand: having a quality of mystery and ambiguity and so difficult to understand or interpret) and that you feel that you can attack or define my character, I could request that you dont patronise, or alienate members with uncalled for personal remarks because I do not think it relevant or necessary in trying to get your point across.
      Here, here, Violet. There are too many people on this site that use it to attack a person for their views rather than offer a logical and structured oposition.

Comment

Tipping in NZ and Italy

Originally posted by Bill Bradbury, Billinge,Nr.Wigan View Post
        Read somewhere this week that Japanese and New Zealanders don't subscribe to tipping as they consider it insulting. A taxi man in Japan ran back to return a tip. Might consider moving!!??
        I had a tip veremently refused in a resteraunt in New Zealand as the waitress said it was her job. When I went to tip another waitress she was so surprised and when I insisted she took it you would think I had given her the crown jewels.

In Italy you are advised in travel guides not to tip taxi drivers and you don not get sarcastic comments when you don't. Could you imaging that in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda's Man, Stanford-le-Hope View Post
          Here, here, Violet. There are too many people on this site that use it to attack a person for their views rather than offer a logical and structured oposition.
          I have to say that I would tend to agree from what I have read on here, and to be quite frank, I have not contributed to some threads for just that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDoc, Hampshire View Post
            I have to say that I would tend to agree from what I have read on here, and to be quite frank, I have not contributed to some threads for just that reason.
            Wise move Doc - some just choose to contradict for the sake of argument instead of continuing with a serious debate on a particular subject, they resort to personal attack and insult.

Fortunately they are but a few, and in general the forum performs very well.
            sigpic
            Cruisings Cool

Comment

Originally posted by TheDoc, Hampshire View Post
              ...and here was me thinking that the forum was, apart from the odd post/thread, all sweetness, light and harmony these days.

Comment

Just to shake things about a bit more

Unfortunately there are some who read things and immediately get the wrong idea and there are others who don't understand big words.

Whilst I am sorry for their predicament I cannot condone their inappropriate condemnation of others who just wish to make a point or make light-hearted comments.

This is a forum in which people express their thoughts and views and now and again there are a few rocky moments. That's life folks get used to it, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. ....Neil

Comment

whilst I have no wish to start up this emotive situation,yet again, does anyone realise that the form you fill in when you do not wish to have the gratuities automatically added to your account, is broadcast to all ship's crew so that they know? so much for anonymity.
                  Another question - if one buys an all inclusive 'package' such as on MSC you don't pay the 15% bar surcharge. So what price then the tips going to staff? You really think the company are going to deduct 15% and send to the ship's crew? Yeah, right.

Comment

At the end of your holiday just go to the desk & ask for a refund, pay your gratuities to the staff you want to recieve it..

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X