• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princess Anytime Dining Autotips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Princess Anytime Dining Autotips

Can anyone tell me, accurately please, whether it is true that if booked on anytime dining aboard a Princess ship, the auto tip cannot be removed or amended?

Before I start an entire new "To tip or not to tip, you cheapskate!" debate, it is largely curiosity, piqued by something seen on another site!!

I have my own views on auto tipping, I agree wholeheartedly cruise companies should indeed pay a fair wage, and understand the way this happens without inflating the direct consumer price, is via the autotip system. Nuff said!!

Thanks in advance, S.

The Autotip can be removed or amended on Princess when you are anytime Dinning. Just go to the Pursers desk and tell them what you want to do. They will give you a form to sign and thats it. It can be done at any stage of the cruise before your final Account is settled. A lot of people do it as soon as they board. Like you I too don't want to get into another debate about the rights and wrongs of the auto tip. Suffice to say I dont pay it. Hope this helps.
    Regards Alan

Comment

Originally posted by bigaljo1, Holmfirth View Post
      The Autotip can be removed or amended on Princess when you are anytime Dinning. Just go to the Pursers desk and tell them what you want to do. They will give you a form to sign and thats it. It can be done at any stage of the cruise before your final Account is settled. A lot of people do it as soon as they board. Like you I too don't want to get into another debate about the rights and wrongs of the auto tip. Suffice to say I dont pay it. Hope this helps.
      Regards Alan
      To clarify, this can be adjusted by yourself as stated for 'anytime' and 'fixed' dining. If you use the account screen on your TV , you should see the entry in place or not.
      As bigaljo1 says, do not wait till the last day, lines can be long..
      Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 6th October 2010, 06:35 PM.
      sigpicRob
      Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

Thank you both! The information is much appreciated. Just one further question, and it may seem dim....when tipping in cash and after a Med cruise, is it dollars, Euros or sterling that the crew prefer?

Regards, S

Comment

Originally posted by Sez, Dorset View Post
          Thank you both! The information is much appreciated. Just one further question, and it may seem dim....when tipping in cash and after a Med cruise, is it dollars, Euros or sterling that the crew prefer?

Regards, S
          I'd see no problem either way as those are major currencies on that cruise path. They can exchange on ship if needed
          sigpicRob
          Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob, Victoria , Canada View Post
            I'd see no problem either way as those are major currencies on that cruise path. They can exchange on ship if needed

Thanks Rob.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X