• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Drinks Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's no more expensive than a lot of good restaurants/bars at home.

Hi DI DI, wow well done, I can't believe that someone has said this, so many people moan but yes free pour so you will get at least 2 to 3 shots depending on the style of glasses, but i totally agree with you, nice one :D

Comment

Chris, this is great if you drink shorts but what about Beer, Wine etc. We have just returned from a Celebrity cruise and thought the drinks were very expensive. $4 + 15% gratuity + 7% Spanish tax for a bottle of water!! Cheapest bottle of wine $24 + 15% + 7% tax!! I don't think so.
      Fossil1

Comment

Celebrity new drinks packages

It's great that Celebrity have got some new packages out but what a shame they don't make them available per day instead of having to buy the package for the week...if available per day a lot more people may take them up on it.As another poster said keep an eye out for the martini/daiquiri/margarita tasters on board... 6 drinks for about 12 dollars plus 15% and a nice amount of alcohol in them too... ideal as pre-dinner drinks. We are not big drinkers but would drink a bit more if the prices were slightly lower.

Comment

Originally posted by kikki21, nottingham View Post
          It's great that Celebrity have got some new packages out but what a shame they don't make them available per day instead of having to buy the package for the week...if available per day a lot more people may take them up on it.As another poster said keep an eye out for the martini/daiquiri/margarita tasters on board... 6 drinks for about 12 dollars plus 15% and a nice amount of alcohol in them too... ideal as pre-dinner drinks. We are not big drinkers but would drink a bit more if the prices were slightly lower.
          If you could buy them by the day we would all have one :D for the first day take the drinks back to the cabin fill up a bottle and that's it for the cruise I think that idea would crash & burn with the cruise companies

Comment

Last edited by Gluck96, Little Chalfont; 26th December 2009, 05:38 AM.

Comment

The cruise forum you mention is but one of many. I think that most people are well travelled enough to appreciate that the cost of drinks will vary according to the exchange rate!! What a lot of people object to is that in many cases the drinks prices are very high in a duty free zone. Living in London I am used to high prices but still have difficulty in coming to terms with paying $4 plus 15% for a bottle of water when it is already in the cabin. In a true 4/5 star hotel it would be in your room for free!! I also think the drinks prices are well above London prices taking into account that the drinks on ships are duty free. I mention London as it is alleged to be one of the most expensive cities in the world. It is true that if served with drinks in an hotel you would leave a cash tip. The question is, would it be 15% or loose change? With the current system staff do not have to work for their tips as they will get them whatever standard of service they give. In hotels, bars, restaurants etc. in the US you nearly always get good service. The simple reason is that the staff go out of their way to earn a good tip. They know that bad service equals no tip. If as you say "If you travel in the USA you have to live their way. On an American cruise ship you are for practical purposes in the USA" then why don't I pay US prices in American hotels around the world?
              Fossil1

Comment

Comment

When you use a pub for comparison, most good ships are four or five star and you have to compare with a hotel price to get a fair comparison. We have no problems with the price we pay but we would never look at Dom Perignon except the cruise we spent some time in the company of a millionaire and he was paying but it was only 2 nights out of 14 !!
                  Bill Byth
                  sigpic
                  Website

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill Blyth, Dundee;23477]
                    Fossil1

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Blyth, Dundee View Post
                      When you use a pub for comparison, most good ships are four or five star and you have to compare with a hotel price to get a fair comparison. We have no problems with the price we pay but we would never look at Dom Perignon except the cruise we spent some time in the company of a millionaire and he was paying but it was only 2 nights out of 14 !!
                      I think the point is that the hotel cannot get their supplies at duty free prices whearas the ships can. It would seem that the likes of P & O and Princess can charge a far more reasonable price than RCI and Celebritry who tend to milk the captive customer of every penny that they can.

Comment

Comment

I photographed the mini bar prices while we were on Eclipse....I thought they were outrageous as they are just tiny little bottles...needless to say we had a teetotal cruise!!!!! :D
                          Attached Files

Comment

It all sounds very expensive!

Thank goodness we don't need alcohol to enjoy ourselves on holiday - it seems to cost some people a small fortune.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X