• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Drinks Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bill, that really helps, and yes they did work. Do you happen to know the price of the various coffees etc?. Going on Century 7/11/09
    Milroy

Comment

Drinks on all cruise ships are expensive when you realise they buy tax and duty free.

Comment

Originally posted by milroy, newport View Post
        Thanks Bill, that really helps, and yes they did work. Do you happen to know the price of the various coffees etc?. Going on Century 7/11/09
        Milroy
        Sorry can't help here we were mainly drinking coffee in our room and not out and about like in the cafe cova or elsewhere. We really like Century that was our 4 trip on the ship and it ranks in our top 5 best cruises, officers; staff even the guests all very friendly. It has an atmosphere about it that is difficult to put a finger on but hope to go again before it gets sold if that goes ahead, as when we were on the travel agents being shown around I managed always to bump into one or two and clearly they can sell Century no problem so it is a good earner but they made it clear the bigger ships are a real problem at the moment but that could change. Have a great cruise will have a few photo's up on my website this week before I do a review for cruise.co.uk and my own more detailed review on my own site with photo's http://billblyth.co.uk couldn't be easier. The photo's will be of the waiters and barmen we thought great plus our own cabin crew !!!
        Bill Byth
        sigpic
        Website

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy, Bridlington View Post
          Drinks on all cruise ships are expensive when you realise they buy tax and duty free.
          Bill Byth
          sigpic
          Website

Comment

My thoughts exactly, Bill. I stayed in three 4* hotels in the UK in August (Hilton, Novotel, Ramada) and the price of drinks in all bars was greater than on our last Celebrity cruise. You certainly couldn't have got a double G & T for 4.25 pounds. A half of lager was slightly under four quid.

Comment

Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 23rd September 2009, 12:08 AM.
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hello Bill,
                We have just arrived back off the RCI Brilliance (Venice). Just checked your Celebrity prices. Were the prices shown inc. or do you then have add the 15% tip. We were charged $5.50+15%=$6.33 for gin/tonic or rum/coke. etc. ok as long as house spirits. When it was named - Tanquery, Myers, etc then it was %6.25+15%=$7.19 each drink. Also RCI.s Daily cocktail was $5.50+15%=$6.33. On RCI think a glass of wine was a lot cheaper than Celebrity, we paid $6.50plus tip.On entering the Windjammer you could buy small bottles of wine (airline size) for $5.50+15%=$6.33 total.
                Is it right that the tip is there salary? I believe that they do not get any salary just the tips, that is why they are always keen to get you a drink.

Comment

We were on Celebrity Infinity in May and didn't find the drinks prices outrageous. Keep an eye open for Martini tastings, champagne cocktail tastings and Margherita tastings. These were all $9.99 (plus the usual 15%) and for this money you got 6 different mixes. Not full sized martini glasses but much bigger than shot glasses. We made these our regular pre dinner drinks and, depending on your thirst (and liquor capacity!) one tray of 6 glasses would do 2 people.

Comment

Celebrity Century has a soft drinks package. Does this include all soft drinks and is one restricted to the number one can have in a day?

Comment

Celebrity Century has a soft drinks package. Does this include all soft drinks and is one restricted to the number one can have in a day?
                      No, they are unlimited...........Wilba
                      Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor Sadie, Alcaucin, Malaga View Post
                        Hello Bill,
                        We have just arrived back off the RCI Brilliance (Venice). Just checked your Celebrity prices. Were the prices shown inc. or do you then have add the 15% tip. We were charged $5.50+15%=$6.33 for gin/tonic or rum/coke. etc. ok as long as house spirits. When it was named - Tanquery, Myers, etc then it was %6.25+15%=$7.19 each drink. Also RCI.s Daily cocktail was $5.50+15%=$6.33. On RCI think a glass of wine was a lot cheaper than Celebrity, we paid $6.50plus tip.On entering the Windjammer you could buy small bottles of wine (airline size) for $5.50+15%=$6.33 total.
                        Is it right that the tip is there salary? I believe that they do not get any salary just the tips, that is why they are always keen to get you a drink.
                        If you look at the employment websites they do get a salary the average bar persons salary was given around $20/25,000 depending on tips and I have discreetly spoken to a few and no one wanted the system to change. On top of earnings they get free board and meals/laundry/cheap drink-cigarettes in their own bar to name a few, but they do have to work long hours and can be away from their family now between 6/9 months at a time but using the internet they keep in touch. Its generally a young persons type job but I know a few over 50 and still working hard and enjoying the life. One couple we met a year or two ago were saving up to start their own photo business in South Africa.
                        Bill Byth
                        sigpic
                        Website

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Bill Blyth, Dundee View Post
                          If you look at the employment websites they do get a salary the average bar persons salary was given around $20/25,000 depending on tips and I have discreetly spoken to a few and no one wanted the system to change. On top of earnings they get free board and meals/laundry/cheap drink-cigarettes in their own bar to name a few, but they do have to work long hours and can be away from their family now between 6/9 months at a time but using the internet they keep in touch. Its generally a young persons type job but I know a few over 50 and still working hard and enjoying the life. One couple we met a year or two ago were saving up to start their own photo business in South Africa.
                          one of the bar waiters that served and spoke to us on the Century on our cruise in Aug 09, had worked for celebrity for 3 years and planned to stay for another 2-3 years. he has already bought and paid for a large plot of land with coconut trees and is getting a house built on it at present. he hopes to produce coconut oil in the future to give him an income. this had all been paid for through his job on celebrity. many of the staff we spoke to all praised celebrity saying they were a great employer and very good to their staff and wouldn't like to work for any other cruise company. a lot of their staff have worked for them in excess of 10 years so that says a lot about the company.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Comment

I purchased the soda (soft drinks) package on Celebrity Equinox. The cost is $5 per day + 15%. If you purchase a coke, sprite etc it normally costs $1.50 + 15%. Therefore, if you drink more than 3 sodas per day, you are in profit. They give you a vaccuum flask and a sticker for your card. The flask is handy for use in your cabin, say at night. The only limit is how many sodas you can drink before you go pop! You don't save on mixer drinks because the price quoted includes the mixer eg Rum & Coke $6.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X