• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

royal caribbean med cruise taking in italy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

royal caribbean med cruise taking in italy

hi

i have just book today for next september, can anyone tell me regarding visiting rome, i have heard that their is a train that will take you right into rome,, we are travelling with our mum who is reasonable mobile she is 84. Is the station near to the port and is it easy to understand, otherwise we will take the tour that they offer, as this is one of the places she much would like to go.

Many thanks

julie

Hi Julie,

We did this a few years ago and it was so easy.

As long as you dock in the same place you walk straight out of the Port to the main road. Take a right not sure how far but not a great distance, the Station is on the opposite side of the road. English speaking. We booked a return for 2 adults 2 children, had ice creams and it was only a matter of a few Euros, the Ships price was in 3 figures.

We got off the Train at St Pauls and seen all the sights, this would be to much for your MUM but you can jump on the Ho Ho bus, Trevi Fountain is up an ally way like walk through, but must be near a stop.

Yes it is possible and easy to do the trip alone, but you would not be alone because it is so easy. Do not be frightened be brave.

Comment

Hi Julie,

If you click on this link, it will give you a visual and narrative guide:

http://www.cruises.co.uk/298-western...y_do_rome.html

Have a good cruise.
      Lizzie sigpic

Comment

thank you so much for your replies

julie

Comment

You may also find this link useful

I have listed all the train times and further details