• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

payment of charges incurred on cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payment of charges incurred on cruise

Hi I am enquiring about best method of paying in sterling,my onboard expenses with royal caribbean.The currency onboard is dollar.What would you suggest?

I suggest that at the embarkation procedure you register with a credit card, like Halifax's Clarity credit card, and mark on your initial registration that you want your card company to do any necessary conversions. You should resist any attempt by RCI to allow them to do the conversion as that will cost you more.

I suggest Clarity because there are no conversion charges and the rate you will get will be the same as the Bank Rate and not that of the Tourist Rate.That is the best way to deal with it. Regards. ....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
      I suggest that at the embarkation procedure you register with a credit card, like Halifax's Clarity credit card, and mark on your initial registration that you want your card company to do any necessary conversions. You should resist any attempt by RCI to allow them to do the conversion as that will cost you more.

I suggest Clarity because there are no conversion charges and the rate you will get will be the same as the Bank Rate and not that of the Tourist Rate.That is the best way to deal with it. Regards. ....Neil
      Thanks Neil.

Comment

you could register your credit card then pay in $$ traveller cheques or $$ cash on the last night. but if you are going to pay with your CC then just do as Neil has said above.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

yes agree with all said..allow CC to convert...we have done this every time and have always got a better rate..happy cruising!
          some call me Mrs Early Bird......:p

oooo and I guess we want a badge too.
          Adventure Oct 2011,Indy Feb 2012. Allure Aug 2012.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X