• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bath or Shower.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We sailed on Aurora in 2010 & had a cabin with a shower over a bath. My wife prefers a shower & I enjoy the occasional bath as well as a shower, so the arrangement suited us both. It's worth mentioning that the bath on Aurora was small, very small, I could sit in it, but no chance of stretching out, but enjoyable non the less. At home we've just had a downstairs toilet / shower room fitted & left intact the shower over bath arrangement upstairs - we are both happy now.
    The most "interesting" shower on a ship we sailed on was on one of Hurtigruten's small ships & the cubicle was probably not much more than a couple of feet across with a very clingy curtain. When the seas were rough the grab rails in the cubicle were very necessary.
    Last edited by Border Reiver, Durham (3); 29th August 2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Border Reiver, Durham (3) View Post
      We sailed on Aurora in 2010 & had a cabin with a shower over a bath. My wife prefers a shower & I enjoy the occasional bath as well as a shower, so the arrangement suited us both. It's worth mentioning that the bath on Aurora was small, very small, I could sit in it, but no chance of stretching out, but enjoyable non the less. At home we've just had a downstairs toilet / shower room fitted & left intact the shower over bath arrangement upstairs - we are both happy now.
      The most "interesting" shower on a ship we sailed on was on one of Hurtigruten's small ships & the cubicle was probably not much more than a couple of feet across with a very clingy curtain. When the seas were rough the grab rails in the cubicle were very necessary.
      That reminds me of a tale about a gentleman from Texas, who was sailing on a Princess cruise ship - the former Royal Princess, which subsequently transferred to P&O as Artemis. Every bathroom on that ship had a small bathtub, with a shower above the bath.

And as you will probably know, many aspects of Texan life are unusually large. The Texan gentleman complained that although he managed to get into the bath, there was no room for the water.

Comment

We use RCI a lot and as far as I'm aware most cabins have showers with sliding doors, baths are a rarity. Unless you can afford a suite. These showers are compact but suffice. If I really want to have a big shower cubicle and maybe the use of a steam/ sauna room before hand, then I head to the gym, where these facilities are available for free.

Comment

Well, thanks to my current knee injury I have now invested in a bath board to fit over my tub so I can take a shower without further injuring myself. So much fun getting older, eh?

Take care, Helen

Comment

Shower nearly all the time, and even though I am not small the curtains on a ship don't bother me, I can manage to shower and avoid them.
            I still love a good soak in the bath at home, especially if I am aching from overdoing the housework . I don't need the candles, but half a bottle of radox ( the OH says I should only need a capful!??!!) and the radio on and I am happy for an hour or so. Occasionally topping up the hot water by turning the tap with my foot.......wouldn't want to overdo it.

Comment

We had our bath taken out and shower Daily ,but yes I sometimes miss a bath.mainly as I have been suffering with back ache .
              The debate as to which is Healthier will rage on .Baths ward-off diabetes, but showers are more hygienic! | Daily Mail Online

You can get Lung problems from a shower ? but overall they are better at getting you clean.
              Ever heard of anyone getting anything from using a bath ,even in the old days when we shared the bath water....Taffy
              ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X