• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bath or Shower.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bath or Shower.

Hi all
    I have just booked a cruise on P&O Aurora.
    When choosing a cabin you had a choice of some cabins having a shower over bath or shower only.

I can't stand baths,sitting in dirty water doesn't seem clean.
    The shower over bath is never really comfortable and water still seems to go on the floor.
    I have gone for shower only.
    But its still got the dreaded plastic cling-on shower curtain

We made a decision in May this year to get the bathroom at home completely revamped,,,was it a bath and shower over (its only a small bathroom) or shower only,,,,,as only my wife used the bath she surprisingly went for a walk in shower and get rid of the bath.
    She now says we should have done it years ago.

ps,best shower on a cruise ship has to be Celebrity corner unit with the sliding closed doors,coupled with a kettle,it has to be cabin heaven.

What's your preference.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

We managed to get a corner bath and a separate shower in our bathroom. I like a shower for quickness, but much prefer the bath in the winter............................................ ..............................................Caro l

Comment

Preference, a cabin with bath and a separate shower.

Comment

I haven`t had a bath for over 15 years

Comment

My preference is a large glass shower cubicle. I rarely have a bath at home and when I do it's for relaxing, not for getting clean.

The shower should ideally have a nice forceful stream of water with a consistent and controllable temperature. You'd think that would just be the norm, but apparently not!

I'll take a shower over a bath if that's what's on offer, though I do prefer a separate shower.
          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

If I had to choose, it would be shower every time. We too had the bathroom refitted with a shower only. A shower is quicker, cleaner and uses less water.

We booked a guaranteed cabin once and were given a wheelchair friendly cabin. The bathroom (wet room) was fabulous, but of course there was no walk in wardrobe. I'd rather have my walk in closet and a smaller shower with a glass door. I would not like a plastic curtain at all. Judith

Comment

We always request a shower wherever we stay, sometimes that turns out to be a bath with a shower.

We had the bath removed and replaced with a shower cubicle in our bungalow
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Richard, colwyn bay View Post
                I haven`t had a bath for over 15 years
                I hope that you shower as an alternative?

I will never have a bath again, unless I have to.

Only two things are stopping me going to Venice on the Orient Express: 1) It does not have a bath or shower 2) The cost!
                Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 26th August 2017, 12:21 PM.
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I go against the flow.

At home I have a bath no matter what time I have to get up. It is a religion for me and has been for the last 50 years.

A shower is OK, but a poor substitute IMO .............Wilba
                  Wilba

Comment

Some of the shower cubicles on cruise ships can be rather 'compact' so I prefer a shower over the bath for that extra bit of space.

At home we've just redone a bathroom and after much pondering decided to keep the status quo....shower over bath arrangement. We have also a large walk-in shower elsewhere which gives us the best of both worlds.
                    Last edited by All at sea, Yorks; 26th August 2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Definitely a shower, haven't had a bath in over 10 years! Our bathroom with bath & hand shower only, has hardly ever been used, just the odd person visiting, mostly family, so they usually use our big walk-in shower. I don't like showers over the bath and on a ship I much prefer just a shower. When the ship is moving, it somehow feels more secure. I understand that if you are selling a family house, it is best not to remove the bath as most people with children like to have a bath. Beryl

Comment

We recently had our bathroom remodelled and had the bath taken out and replaced with a similar sized walk in shower. We are very happy with this. However we still have a bathtub, with shower in our guest bathroom. We had the bath replaced with a shower in my mother's flat because she was climbing into the bath every morning at the age of 96. She was worried that the flat would never sell without a bath tub, but we pointed out that it wouldn't be her problem. With the addition of a shower seat she was able to manage for the rest of her life, and the flat sold quickly in the end.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
                          My preference is a large glass shower cubicle. I rarely have a bath at home and when I do it's for relaxing, not for getting clean.

The shower should ideally have a nice forceful stream of water with a consistent and controllable temperature. You'd think that would just be the norm, but apparently not!

I'll take a shower over a bath if that's what's on offer, though I do prefer a separate shower.
                          We've just had our bathrooms upgraded and had a shower cubicle put in the "family bathroom" but still kept the bath. Nice pressure on the shower which has adjustable heat settings by the press of a button. The baths used to have the "mixer taps" plus shower over, never really liked them, hence the makeover, can't get wife out of the shower now, once in the morning and again before bed.

Comment

We had our bath taken out and a nice big shower cubicle put in , wasn't that we didn't like having a bath , the problem was once we were in we had a terrible job getting out , ( an age thing ) .

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi all

best shower on a cruise ship has to be Celebrity corner unit with the sliding closed doors,coupled with a kettle,it has to be cabin heaven.

JC
                              You might well be on your way to heaven, or the other place, if you use a kettle in the shower and get an electric shock!!!

You might also scold some delicate parts!!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X