• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P 7 O Cabin Grades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P 7 O Cabin Grades

Looking at P&O and trying to work out cabin grades. There are various types such as NC, ND, LC, GE, GC etc., showing for different cabins, ie inside, outside. What do these grades mean. I have looked on the P&O site but cannot find a table showing what these grades mean.
    Anyone Help?

I believe NC are the cheapest grade and so on up to GC which is the highest grade also probably a guarantee cabin which will be allocated before you sail.
    Google the deck plans for the ship, Iglu is IMO the best and it will give you the colour codes and decks on which these cabins are located, you can also see what is above and below you before committing.CG
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Cornish Girl. Thanks for quick reply. I'd never heard of Iglu, but had a quick look now and it looks quite informative. Thanks again

Comment

There are only four basic grades, inside, outside, balcony and suite. Within each one of these there will be several sub grades. This is purely by location within the ship. Cheaper grades will be at the front or rear and the more expensive grades midships. Other than location, the cabins within each grade will be virtually the same, although some may have a different orientation of beds.
        Brian

Comment

P&O have recently changed their cabin grades so if you use Iglu to look at deck plans on Ventura for example, make sure you click on the '2013 Deck Plan' tab otherwise it gets confusing.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Ingle, Warwickshire View Post
            There are only four basic grades, inside, outside, balcony and suite. Within each one of these there will be several sub grades. This is purely by location within the ship. Cheaper grades will be at the front or rear and the more expensive grades midships. Other than location, the cabins within each grade will be virtually the same, although some may have a different orientation of beds.
            Brian
            I would use the word categories rather than grades for Inside, Outside, Balcony and suite and then grades within each category. Generally the cheaper grades within each category are in the less sought after areas. Although personally it seems the higher the deck the higher the grade, I actually prefer a lower deck. But as a general rule when choosing a cabin, look for midships, look to see whats above and below you (dont want a noisy bar etc) and how far it is away from stairs and amenities.

Comment

At the back of the P&O brochure there is a plan of each ship and locations to help you make an informed decision. These are shown as cabin grades. There is a cabin grade on Ventura for example which has a larger balcony but is overlooked by cabins above...which I fancy on my next trip. I think if you look at the Ships on-line you will see a plan with grades also. They are for booking purposes and have different prices for example mid ship is probably more comfortable than at the front or rear.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X