• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Suites in the Ocean

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best Suites in the Ocean

    You pay extra for suite thinking you will be getting the ultimate luxury experience. I think we will all agree you stateroom is the perfect retreat after a busy day at shore. But do you really get what you pay for?

    Below is a comparisons of all the extra perks you get, which are not available in a standard stateroom



    Please note the information provided is based on the lead in Suite staterooms and benefits will vary for all other staterooms.

    Have you ever stayed in a suite during your cruise? How did the suite experience compare to when you stayed in a standard stateroom?
    Jimmy the One & Only
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager



    #2
    I've just been looking at some suites, and they had a grand baby piano in them, i wonder how many people in them actually play it!!
    .................................................. ..............................................Caro l

    Comment


      #3
      We had a very nice aft suite on Ventura earlier this year. The range of services P and O offer is wider than shown in the above table as with a suite booking you also get in suite dining plus priority embarkation and disembarkation. You also get to use a lounge when you first board where you are served with sandwiches and champagne until the cabins were ready.

      The serving of breakfast in the White Room would have been a nice perk had the service been better (see comments about P and O service on another thread). We only tried it the once and we had to queue for nearly half an hour just to be seated, which was surprising when this facility was reserved for suite passengers. We preferred to use the cabin service for breakfast after this experience as the butler was far more efficient.
      Cruising my way through life!

      Sue

      Comment


        #4
        No mention of Cunard Q.G cabins. Some of those are bigger than many apartments!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
          No mention of Cunard Q.G cabins. Some of those are bigger than many apartments!
          Hi I agree with your assessment of the largest Cunard Queen's Grill suite but it is only half the size of the largest Garden Villa suit on NCL.
          Here's a link to the best suites afloat:
          Best Suites at Sea - Cruises - Cruise Critic

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Alan, Newcastle-upon-Tyne View Post
            Hi I agree with your assessment of the largest Cunard Queen's Grill suite but it is only half the size of the largest Garden Villa suit on NCL.
            Here's a link to the best suites afloat:
            Best Suites at Sea - Cruises - Cruise Critic
            I've been lucky enough to go to drinks parties in a Q1 [not QM]...and it was amazing. Better than that, the others must be stupendous...shame I don't think I'll ever get to see them.

            Comment


              #7
              You're not comparing like with like. A MSC YC1 is comparable to an RCI Grand suite. On the MSC ships with a Yacht Club (Fantasia Class)then RCI Junior suite is equivalent to the Grade 12 Suite with Balcony.(Not sure how the other suites in the table, on other cruise lines, compare!!)
              Then You get Ticks in these boxes


              SPECIAL TREATS
              Access to Exclusive areas ......YES


              STATEROOM EXTRAS

              Lounge area .......................YES


              EATS AND TREATS

              Stateroom mini bar ..............YES
              In Suite Dining .....................YES
              Canapés delivered ................YES

              THOUGHTFUL TOUCHES

              Fresh flower arrangement.......YES
              Welcome drink on-board .......YES
              Plush Robes and Slippers .....YES
              Personalised Stationary.........YES


              ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES

              Priority Boarding ...................YES
              Priority departure .................YES
              Priority boarding of tenders .....YES


              ADDITIONAL EXTRAS

              Access to Dedicated areas Theatre and Ice Shows
              Access to dedicated areas for sun loungers
              COMPLIMENTARY DRINKS FROM 5:00 to 8:00 every night

              Now you can see the Benefits of A Grand Suite, in particular the FREE BOOZE!!!!

              Pete
              Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 12th January 2012, 11:25 AM.
              Pete




              sigpic
              If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

              Comment


                #8
                We need our resident expert on Suites to join this debate.

                Where the devil is P G of A?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                  You're not comparing like with like. A MSC YC1 is comparable to an RCI Grand suite. On the MSC ships with a Yacht Club (Fantasia Class)then RCI Junior suite is equivalent to the Grade 12 Suite with Balcony.(Not sure how the other suites in the table, on other cruise lines, compare!!)
                  Then You get Ticks in these boxes


                  SPECIAL TREATS
                  Access to Exclusive areas ......YES


                  STATEROOM EXTRAS

                  Lounge area .......................YES


                  EATS AND TREATS

                  Stateroom mini bar ..............YES
                  In Suite Dining .....................YES
                  Canapés delivered ................YES

                  THOUGHTFUL TOUCHES

                  Fresh flower arrangement.......YES
                  Welcome drink on-board .......YES
                  Plush Robes and Slippers .....YES
                  Personalised Stationary.........YES


                  ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES

                  Priority Boarding ...................YES
                  Priority departure .................YES
                  Priority boarding of tenders .....YES


                  ADDITIONAL EXTRAS

                  Access to Dedicated areas Theatre and Ice Shows
                  Access to dedicated areas for sun loungers
                  COMPLIMENTARY DRINKS FROM 5:00 to 8:00 every night

                  Now you can see the Benefits of A Grand Suite, in particular the FREE BOOZE!!!!

                  Pete
                  No pictures Pete?

                  Try these from a Cunard Q2 - Oh, and the 'booze' is 24 hours....





                  ...and all the boxes ticked except reservation of main theatre seating.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    We had a Q5 on Queen Vic in July 2011 and a Premier Suite on Fred's Balmoral in December 2011. Previously, on Oceon Village we had inside, outside with obstructed view, balcony and suite. So I think we have tried them all. However, I agree that the table is, dare I say, misleading. For example, Fred clearly states that suite benefits (called 'suite dreams') only apply to grades 'Superior Suite' and above. Similar with Cunard; a Q ueens grade would tick far more boxes.

                    Do I think the extra is worth it? Yes I do, providing it is not 'brochure price'!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
                      No pictures Pete?

                      Try these from a Cunard Q2 - Oh, and the 'booze' is 24 hours....





                      ...and all the boxes ticked except reservation of main theatre seating.
                      The Cunard Suite looks fabulous and maybe one day.....................................Ahh!! ........if I win the pools

                      I actually think the title of the thread is a total misnomer, as most of the Suites mentioned are the entry grade or one grade above that.

                      Perhaps Jimmytheoneandonly should reconsider his title. It would be a real matter of conjecture as to what constitutes the Best Suite in the Ocean.. The largest , I believe ,goes to the Garden Villa on some of the NCL ships which are over 5,000 square feet but saying that sheer size doesn't make them the best afloat.

                      Maybe people should state what they believe is the Best Suite on the ocean and we could come up with a short list of say 5 which could then be the subject of a poll. What do you think?

                      Pete
                      Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 12th January 2012, 06:50 PM.
                      Pete




                      sigpic
                      If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I agree Pete.............!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          They all look fab. But to be quite honest, so long as we had a balcony, a comfy bed and be able to join in some great company in the MDR. and the bars. We would be happy.
                          A top notch suite (If we could afford it, and we cannot) Would be wasted on just us two. If we had a big family to join in and share the privacy ..fair enough.
                          But if you can afford it .... ENJOY!
                          sigpic*Carol M*

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
                            They all look fab. But to be quite honest, so long as we had a balcony, a comfy bed and be able to join in some great company in the MDR. and the bars. We would be happy.
                            A top notch suite (If we could afford it, and we cannot) Would be wasted on just us two. If we had a big family to join in and share the privacy ..fair enough.
                            But if you can afford it .... ENJOY!
                            I know what you mean Carol. If I had a suite like that I would feel I had to spend considerable time in it to make the cost worthwhile. Then I would be sitting in my suite wondering what's going on out and about in the rest of the ship so I'd have to get out there and see. Then I'd be thinking I ought to be making the best of my suite having paid all that money so I'd want to go back. I'd be in and out like a fiddler's elbow knowing me. Just as well I can't afford one.

                            Bob

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Just had a Marquee suite on Freds Boudicca and my OH appreciated the complimentary decanters of Gin, Whisky and Brandy.

                              Carol, we were once next to a suite which had a Grand Piano and the occupants did a very good interpretation of chopsticks, but that was the range of their repertoire..Carol

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X