• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabins in the shade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabins in the shade.

Hi all.
    Just read a comment by Jim on 'Tugs' thread...
    Now that photo is interesting!,how many cruisers have had a balcony cabin on the aft end of their ship?.it looks as if every cabin other than the top row completely overlooks the one below,and if the layout is the same as Arcadia then the top row is completely overlooked by those folk on the open pool deck.
    Not a very well thought out design i would have thought especially as normally they are expensive suites,comments please folk.

I was docked next to Oceania's Marina last week,it seemed the whole length of top row balconies was covered by a hugh overhang of probably 15'.
    I couldn't see how they ever got any sun.
    Any other ships designed like this?
    Click on thumbnail to enlarge.
    DSCN3108.JPG

PS,having problems posting large photos,and won't even let me post in Gallery.
    Have a photo of CD badge (whatever happened to putting them on?) to put on.
    JC
    Last edited by jc, liverpool; 20th October 2011, 09:53 AM.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all.

I was docked next to Oceania's Marina last week,it seemed the whole length of top row balconies was covered by a hugh overhang of probably 15'.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4396[/ATTACH]

JC
    Not just Oceania's Marina JC.

This was taken from our Sky Suite balcony on Celebrity Eclipse. I was most disappointed that what was considered 'premium' accommodation was in fact a little 'in the shade'

Comment

Hi all.

JC
      now that question should have all cruise lovers checking out the brochures to see where the sun traps are.
      JC why dont you go on Photobucket,very easy to use and photos any size you want.I can even give you a tutorial,BUT pete (from Wales) is the aknowledged expert and he can give you a crib sheet that is easy to follow.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimtheoldsalt, felixstowe View Post
        now that question should have all cruise lovers checking out the brochures to see where the sun traps are.
        JC why dont you go on Photobucket,very easy to use and photos any size you want.I can even give you a tutorial,BUT pete (from Wales) is the aknowledged expert and he can give you a crib sheet that is easy to follow.

jim
        Hi Jim.
        Thanks for the advice,but i have used Picassa for yonks now without any problems.
        I put a large photo on a few days ago no problem.
        Its only happened since testerday.
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi Jim.
          Thanks for the advice,but i have used Picassa for yonks now without any problems.
          I put a large photo on a few days ago no problem.
          Its only happened since testerday.
          JC
          No comment,must learn to keep mouth shut.
          Am now off to transfer daughters Dubai videos to DVD

jim

Comment

Hi all.

JC
            Should be no problem JC, certainly the 'CD badge thread' in the Gallery is working fine. I uploaded this latest CD badge shot 5 minutes ago.

PS. And yes folks, Cunard serve Guinness, Boddingtons, Bass, Becks, Aspalls and Stella Artois, all on draft.
            Last edited by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent; 20th October 2011, 11:26 AM. Reason: added the PS

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X