• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holland america crujise to alask

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holland america crujise to alask

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE LEAVING P & O BEHIND AND TRYING HOLLAND AMERICA ON A CRUISE TO ALASKA AT END OF MAY BEGINNING OF JUNE.... ANYONE DONE AN ALASKA CRUISE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR BEFORE AS WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT CLOTHES TO TAKE PARTICULARLY AS WE ARE DOING 4 NIGHTS FROM TORONTO TO VANCOUVER ON THE TRAIN IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE CRUISE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS AGAIN NOT QUITE SURE HOW TO COPE WITH THIS NUMBER OF DAYS SLEEPING ON THE TRAIN WITH MINIMAL ROOM FOR BAGGAGE IN THE COMPARTMENT.

Thanks, Jeannette

Originally posted by Jnette, DIDCOT View Post
    MY HUSBAND AND I ARE LEAVING P & O BEHIND AND TRYING HOLLAND AMERICA ON A CRUISE TO ALASKA AT END OF MAY BEGINNING OF JUNE.... ANYONE DONE AN ALASKA CRUISE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR BEFORE AS WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT CLOTHES TO TAKE PARTICULARLY AS WE ARE DOING 4 NIGHTS FROM TORONTO TO VANCOUVER ON THE TRAIN IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE CRUISE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS AGAIN NOT QUITE SURE HOW TO COPE WITH THIS NUMBER OF DAYS SLEEPING ON THE TRAIN WITH MINIMAL ROOM FOR BAGGAGE IN THE COMPARTMENT.

Thanks, Jeannette
    What a fab trip. We've cruised Alaska a couple of times with Holland America AND visited Toronto in April and June but have only cruised Alaska in the school summer holidays.

If it helps, Toronto will DEF be warm by the end of May/beginning June, Vancouver will be similar to the UK...unpredictable. Alaska should b e similar to a coolish UK spring day, but again, unpredictable.

Advice would be to take waterproofs [I take a light cagoule which doubles as a wind proof jacket] and layers. Fleece is a superb fabric.

Comment

Alaska is quite unpredictable at any time of year, so you will need the full range of clothing: layers, water-proofs and sun screen.

I hear that women pack 50% more than they need, so just take half of what you think that you need!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

How lovely, definitely on my wish list, let us know what it's like when you get back, have a great time.............................Carol

Comment

We are going to Alaska at the beginning of May, so we are expecting cold, in fact very cold. I'm taking my snow boots and duvet coat, but otherwise just the usual stuff that can be layered. We're sailing from SF so expecting warm there. Have a great time. Judith

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X