• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show times etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show times etc

We are going on our first cruise on Indy next Saturday and have decided on My Time dining cos we like the flexibility. Do I need to book our first few days dining before I go and if so what sort of time should I go for - when do the shows start? Am I best to eat early or late? Its all too much to think about! If i leave it to book when we get on board on Saturday will there be any spaces left at a reasonable time - have looked on the Royal Caribbean pre cruise planner and its saying that there is no seating available at present for anywhere between 6.15 and 8.00!

Originally posted by Mandycb61, Nottingham View Post
    We are going on our first cruise on Indy next Saturday and have decided on My Time dining cos we like the flexibility. Do I need to book our first few days dining before I go and if so what sort of time should I go for - when do the shows start? Am I best to eat early or late? Its all too much to think about! If i leave it to book when we get on board on Saturday will there be any spaces left at a reasonable time - have looked on the Royal Caribbean pre cruise planner and its saying that there is no seating available at present for anywhere between 6.15 and 8.00!
    If you have booked My Time then you will have prepaid your gratuities and it will be on your paperwork. Just turn up when you are ready, some times there is a small que around 19.00-19.15 mainly created by being shown to your table
    There are a lot of tables for two as well as larger tables it's your choice if you want to share and you have a different table every night so if you decide to dine with some friends as long as they are on My Time just turn up together or book a table for a given time of your choice.
    If you have not book my time then just go to the desk outside the dinning room and complete a form to have the gratuities added to your ship board account
    You can buy a wine package if you have not already done so when you get onboard they normally set up just out side the windjammer, if you don't finish the bottle don't worry they keep it in the cooler for you and serve it the next night to whatever table you are at.

Comment

I can't answer your query but it seems neither can others. Sorry that the prime dining times seem to be already booked. Have you considered, or would you be able to change to 1st or 2nd sitting?? Just a thought. We did second sitting on IOTS, so presume that this is still an option.

Comment

Regarding the Showtimes, when we were on Indy they varied each evening, you just need to keep an eye on the times as displayed in your Cruise Compass newspaper that is delivered to your cabin each evening for the following day. On the first night on our cruise the welcome aboard show was at 7/45pm only one performance, although other events going on in other venues during the evening.
        As for my time dining just turn up, if you want to reserve a table at a particular time, you can do this from the phone in your cabin, or going to your allocated Restaurant reception details will be in your cabin when you arrive. There will be plenty of seats, so don't worry, its easy to plan around the shows times, just read the daily compass mag, or there is normally a list of the evenings activities near reception.
        Don't stress it will all sort itself out, and plenty going on all the time.
        Have a great cruise.
        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 16th July 2011, 11:40 PM.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Diva18, UK View Post
          I can't answer your query but it seems neither can others. Sorry that the prime dining times seem to be already booked. Have you considered, or would you be able to change to 1st or 2nd sitting?? Just a thought. We did second sitting on IOTS, so presume that this is still an option.
          You could start by reading the post

Why would anyone want to change to fixed dinning

Comment

They only release a certain number of time slots for booking on line. You will find that they still have availability once on board, so dont worry. Just turn up when you want to eat. If they are really busy you may have a little wait but they will find you a table as soon as they can.

The show times are always based around the two fixed dining times - dont get to hung up about prebooking anything, it will all flow just fine once you are on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandycb61, Nottingham View Post
              Mandy- the whole point of 'my time dining' is you go to eat when it's convenient for you- not at the set dining times. On the first evening the Welcome aboard show is at 7.45pm and every other night they have two performances for entertainment, to cater to the dining times. Carry your Cruise Compass with you (daily activity bulletin) so you don't miss anything. Don't stress, you will have a wonderful cruise....

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X