• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is YOUR Opinion. Do You Agree or Not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is YOUR Opinion. Do You Agree or Not

Do you agree with what Ian Collins is saying on his video.

https://youtu.be/0pta8qC8GI8

Strangely enough....... Yes I do often feel that that is what I want to hear but I think if it were said then we must also be prepared for the consequences and they would be manifold. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post

That's how Trump tends to speak and that's why he was voted president.

I think we are entering a post-political phase where 'straight' talking politicians will gain popularity with the public.

However we have a lot of 'do-gooders' in Britain who seem to be more concerned about the human rights of terrorist than those of their victims.

There has already been criticism about the shooting of the terrorists.

(Whoops I'm talking politics on a cruise site - shame on me!)
      Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 7th June 2017, 11:26 AM.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Tagging does not go far enough IMO.
        Wilba

Comment

ohh yes, Tin hats

Comment

Yes, I agree, but I can't see any one that has the power to do it, doing it .............................................Carol

Comment

Yep, I agree with every word. Let's hope it happens sooner rather than later because for sure we need to do something more to tackle these evil people who threaten us all- wherever we are.
              Jill

Comment

https://youtu.be/0pta8qC8GI8
                Not necessarily.

The devil is ALWAYS in the detail and I would want to see that first.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  Not necessarily.

The devil is ALWAYS in the detail and I would want to see that first.

Annie
                  My first thoughts were the same as yours but then I thought...."S*d it, let's go for broke". ......Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                    My first thoughts were the same as yours but then I thought...."S*d it, let's go for broke". ......Neil
                    As a temporary measure I am open to persuasion.

I am more interested why some parts of the country have a bigger issue than others.

Annie

Comment

We need to keep things in perspective and I am not persuaded, its sound bite politics, sorry.

35 people a week are killed and 400+ injured on our roads, should we stop everyone driving?

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                        We need to keep things in perspective and I am not persuaded, its sound bite politics, sorry.
                        35 people a week are killed and 400+ injured on our roads, should we stop everyone driving?

John
                        Sorry but what as politics got to do with it. These people are murderers and as a country we need to take urgent action against them.

Comment

Sorry but what as politics got to do with it. These people are murderers and as a country we need to take urgent action against them.
                          Sadly, it has everything to do with government [does that make it political?] because until Human Rights laws in the UK are changed legally so that they cannot be challenged successfully by Human Rights lawyers*, this country cannot do half the things mentioned by the broadcaster.

The only institution which can challenge the laws and change them is...the government.

Edit
                          * both in the UK and the European Courts
                          Last edited by Mrs M; 7th June 2017, 04:25 PM. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                            Sadly, it has everything to do with government [does that make it political?] because until Human Rights laws in the UK are changed legally so that they cannot be challenged successfully by Human Rights lawyers, this country cannot do half the things mentioned by the broadcaster.

The only institution which can challenge the laws and change them is...the government.
                            I agree, I was about to post on similar lines, whilst we may want to do those things mentioned in the broadcast, as legislation stands at the moment they would be challenged through the courts as being unlawful. The only way you could do this would be to change the legislations.

Which I think is what TM is talking about.
                            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                              I agree, I was about to post on similar lines, whilst we may want to do those things mentioned in the broadcast, as legislation stands at the moment they would be challenged through the courts as being unlawful. The only way you could do this would be to change the legislations.

Which I think is what TM is talking about.
                              Hi Mrs M & Del.
                              I believe you can change the legislation without going through the courts.
                              There is a section in the ECHR that lets you do it.

I believe its called 'Presumption to Derogate'.

It can be used in times of national emergency,,,,ie if the government claims the terror threat is an emergency.

It was used to stop lawyers making frivolous claims against soldiers last year
                              And the UK government used it at the time of the Troubles in NI.
                              JC
                              JC
                              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X