• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your big idea?......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got an amazing memory but have not written things down.

My Father had what is sometimes called a "good war", horrible phrase. He certainly saw some adventure and action in WW2 and lived to 99. In his latter years he wrote about part of his experiences in longhand and someone who saw this sent a copy to the Imperial War Museum. After Dad died we contacted the Museum which was pleased to (selectively) accept some of his photos and memorabilia from the time to form a more complete record in their archives. Sometimes things do need to be set down for posterity.

Although I have no plans to write a personal or family autobiography, just lately I have taken to put down notes about some of the items in the house. That is things, china etc, of no great value but which are now 3 or 4 generations old, noting where they came from and sometimes information about that person. Also noting where the many items we have collected on our travels are from.

Comment

Hi LMM
      Just noticed this,,,might be a help.
      https://apple.news/A2B7tyUIwRYbV3Y8qQA9qcA
      JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi LMM
        Just noticed this,,,might be a help.
        https://apple.news/A2B7tyUIwRYbV3Y8qQA9qcA
        JC
        Thanks JC all help gratefully received

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.