• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There an answer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariers2, Rushden
    started a topic Is There an answer?

Is There an answer?

Just lately when I've been looking at a site for information, a message appears saying I am using an ad blocker, and it wants me to disable it or register and will not let me look at the site.

They all say they are not invasive, but I just don't like having adverts continually thrust at me for things I do not want to purchas.

Are there any sites that will let me look at them without having to clear my browsing history,which I have been advised to do?

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    Thank you for the comments; now I have two answers.

Leave a comment:

• yesrock, Liverpool
    replied
    I use Kaspersky Internet Security on my PC. This incorporates an ad blocker on which you can allow ads for individual sites. This particular page is attempting to collect data from 29 sources comprised of Social networks 6 attempts...Web analytics 4 attempts...Web beacons 7 attempts and Ad agencies 12 attempts. They are all blocked but the site still works.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Depends what you are looking for if you want someone to offer suggestions,

you could create a throwaway email to register for these sort of sites.

With a bit of work it may be possible to adjust the add blocking to still not display but the site thinks it is.

This site does a load of tracking but let's you block it.
    Last edited by Topdeck, London; 25th October 2018, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X