• Ahoy there! Why not join the UKโ€™s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Strictly " breaks Record.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taffy, Wales
    started a topic "Strictly " breaks Record.

"Strictly " breaks Record.

Just listening to Radio 2 and they were saying this Series of Strictly (The 12th) broke the record for viewers on the first show beating X factor hands down,X factor had its lowest viewing numbers ever for the show.

I though it was a good start, with some pleasant surprises Debbie Magee being one, over all thought the females did best and I think we will see a female winner.
    Did you watch and have you an opinion....Taffy

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    I am very happy it is back on! I love watching it every week. Simon Rimmer seems to be of the 'John Sergeant School of Dancing' which doesn't surprise me. I do think Anton needs to use less hair dye as there seems to be a real line of demarcation near the bottom reaches. What can I say, but keeeeeeeeep dancing!

Take care, Helen๐Ÿ’ƒ

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    I still think that she and Darren performed one of the best jives of any series.
    Completely agree.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Jill Halfpenny landed a lead in Chicago after she won SCD.

Annie
    I still think that she and Darren performed one of the best jives of any series.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    I didn't know that about Aston and agree he has an unfair advantage.

Annie

PS I am a fan of CW better than TD any day - JMO.
    I don't watch the programme but I'm a fan of Claudia Winkleman too. Very bright and great fun.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    He is probably improving his dancing skills in the hope of moving into musical theatre- especially if he wins.

Tom Chambers went straight into Top Hat after winning Strictly. I went to see it and he was brilliant. I wonder if he would have landed the part though had he not won.

Jay is now in a dance production with Lewis Smith and Natalie Lowe called 'Rip it up'; my sister saw it yesterday and loved it.

There is no doubt that appearing on Strictly does wonders for a dancer's future career, especially if they didn't start out as a dancer.
    Jill Halfpenny landed a lead in Chicago after she won SCD.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
    X factor is banned in our house. Hubby refuses point blank to be under the same roof of it being watched ๐Ÿ˜‚I gave up years ago, as soon as Gary Barlow stopped judging I was gone anyway.

Love Strictly but not a fan of Claudia her fringe drives me to distraction!!

I do think Aston being on it is a con. The bloke can back flip and dance really well. He went from X Factor boy band to being a judge on a dance contest show!! Me thinks he's dumbing down his ability at the mo. But then I'm cynical.

Only saw saw the last half of Saturday night as forgot it was on, but did enjoy.
    I didn't know that about Aston and agree he has an unfair advantage.

Annie

PS I am a fan of CW better than TD any day - JMO.

Leave a comment:

• Bigsis, Waterlooville
    replied
    We love all things strictly in our house. My OH and daughter are like unpaid commentators, giving me my own private version of gogglebox when it's on. They drive me bonkers, and are worse then Craig
    I thought the first show was great. There is definitely some talent amongst the celebrities. I applied for audience tickets as I've done for the last five years. Still no luck so far. Apparently they have had 5 million applications this year. Good luck me

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
    X factor is banned in our house. Hubby refuses point blank to be under the same roof of it being watched ๐Ÿ˜‚I gave up years ago, as soon as Gary Barlow stopped judging I was gone anyway.

I do think Aston being on it is a con. The bloke can back flip and dance really well. He went from X Factor boy band to being a judge on a dance contest show!! Me thinks he's dumbing down his ability at the mo. But then I'm cynical.

Only saw saw the last half of Saturday night as forgot it was on, but did enjoy.
    He is probably improving his dancing skills in the hope of moving into musical theatre- especially if he wins.

Tom Chambers went straight into Top Hat after winning Strictly. I went to see it and he was brilliant. I wonder if he would have landed the part though had he not won.

Jay is now in a dance production with Lewis Smith and Natalie Lowe called 'Rip it up'; my sister saw it yesterday and loved it.

There is no doubt that appearing on Strictly does wonders for a dancer's future career, especially if they didn't start out as a dancer.

Leave a comment:

• cruisewidower, pontefract
    replied
    Claudia Winkleman has the ability to make a lovely dress look unlovely. What criteria do the BBC use to award salaries I do not know ,but they are not alone. She also writes a feature on ladies fashion for the Sunday Times Style section.....unbelievable!!!

Leave a comment:

• mauden, billingham
    replied
    Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
    We used to watch X factor as apposed to Strictly but over the years got more and more fed up with X factor, not just the so called singers but more and more the Judges. Certainly agree that X factor has had its day.

So last year we switched to watching Strictly instead of X factor and thoroughly enjoyed it, from what we have seen so far this year there seem to be a few contenders for the title.

As for Winkleman she must have other jobs within the BBC network that we are not aware of to make her the highest paid women.

I am also in agreement with Judge Rinder who is totally apposed to same sex couples dancing on Strictly.
    She presents a programme on Radio 2 on a Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and glad they are giving everyone a chance on the first week with no vote offs.

Leave a comment:

• Taffy, Wales
    replied
    Originally posted by morris, st. columb View Post
    Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it.....the choreography of the group dances is always superb and the presentation of the whole show is good ...in spite of Claudia's silly bits!!
    I hadn't heard of most of the contestants but that doesn't seem to matter, there are some who seem to have a natural rhythm and others who don't!
    I love the dresses and hairdos.......but there is no need for same sex couples!
    I agree both about Claudia (Must know someone high up) and knowing the BBC we will have same sex couples next year, must be Right on as usual...Taffy

Leave a comment:

• morris, st. columb
    replied
    Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it.....the choreography of the group dances is always superb and the presentation of the whole show is good ...in spite of Claudia's silly bits!!
    I hadn't heard of most of the contestants but that doesn't seem to matter, there are some who seem to have a natural rhythm and others who don't!
    I love the dresses and hairdos.......but there is no need for same sex couples!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X