• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Strictly " breaks Record.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Strictly " breaks Record.

Just listening to Radio 2 and they were saying this Series of Strictly (The 12th) broke the record for viewers on the first show beating X factor hands down,X factor had its lowest viewing numbers ever for the show.

I though it was a good start, with some pleasant surprises Debbie Magee being one, over all thought the females did best and I think we will see a female winner.
    Did you watch and have you an opinion....Taffy
    ​Taffy

I think Strictly was easy pickings on X Factor, which has run its course IMO. Can't anyone sing a song without wailing angst and crocodile tears? Give me verse, chorus, middle eight, finish every time.

How Winkleman has become the highest paid female in the BBC is beyond me. It must be a thorny subject for those females with real talent.

Twelve series on and the Strictly magic is still there, although Revel Horwoods comment last week regarding next year will probably have same sex couples dancing, could have a major change in public opinion.
    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
      Just listening to Radio 2 and they were saying this Series of Strictly (The 12th) broke the record for viewers on the first show beating X factor hands down,X factor had its lowest viewing numbers ever for the show.

I though it was a good start, with some pleasant surprises Debbie Magee being one, over all thought the females did best and I think we will see a female winner.
      Did you watch and have you an opinion....Taffy
      Debbie Magee trained as a ballet dancer.

For musicality, the former JLS band member impressed - another Jay perhaps?

Annie

Comment

I don't watch tv on a Sat night, but my mum loves strictly. She said the new judge seems to have fitted in well, and also said Debbie Magee was really good.............................................. ............................Carol

Comment

Debbie Magee is a presenter on Radio Berkshire and she has a lot of coverage both today and in the build up to the start of Strictly, I have to say that she comes accross on the radio as a very likeable character, so good luck to her.

By the way I dont watch it but my wife does, usually when ironing

John

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
            She said the new judge seems to have fitted in well, and also said Debbie Magee was really good.............................................. ............................Carol
            I must disagree, Carol.

Shirley is very knowledgeable.

Len was very knowledgeable AND funny.

Debbie danced for a living! That's what magicians assistants normally do. Once again we have some total beginners up against trained dancers. I find it rather unfair.
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We used to watch X factor as apposed to Strictly but over the years got more and more fed up with X factor, not just the so called singers but more and more the Judges. Certainly agree that X factor has had its day.

So last year we switched to watching Strictly instead of X factor and thoroughly enjoyed it, from what we have seen so far this year there seem to be a few contenders for the title.

As for Winkleman she must have other jobs within the BBC network that we are not aware of to make her the highest paid women.

I am also in agreement with Judge Rinder who is totally apposed to same sex couples dancing on Strictly.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Latest odds from William Hill....
                Ashton Merrygold....5/2.
                Alexander Burke......4/1.
                Debbie Magee..........6/1.
                Mollie King...............8/1.
                Outsiders.........Richard and Ruth.....66/1.

Comment

Originally posted by cruisewidower, pontefract View Post
                  Latest odds from William Hill....
                  Ashton Merrygold....5/2.
                  Alexander Burke......4/1.
                  Debbie Magee..........6/1.
                  Mollie King...............8/1.
                  Outsiders.........Richard and Ruth.....66/1.
                  Odds are too short on Ashton - but I agree he is worth watching.

I think we have had a few SCD winners who were former members of boy bands - their innate musicality is a distinct advantage.

Annie

Comment

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it.....the choreography of the group dances is always superb and the presentation of the whole show is good ...in spite of Claudia's silly bits!!
                    I hadn't heard of most of the contestants but that doesn't seem to matter, there are some who seem to have a natural rhythm and others who don't!
                    I love the dresses and hairdos.......but there is no need for same sex couples!

Comment

Originally posted by morris, st. columb View Post
                      Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it.....the choreography of the group dances is always superb and the presentation of the whole show is good ...in spite of Claudia's silly bits!!
                      I hadn't heard of most of the contestants but that doesn't seem to matter, there are some who seem to have a natural rhythm and others who don't!
                      I love the dresses and hairdos.......but there is no need for same sex couples!
                      I agree both about Claudia (Must know someone high up) and knowing the BBC we will have same sex couples next year, must be Right on as usual...Taffy
                      ​Taffy

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed it and glad they are giving everyone a chance on the first week with no vote offs.

Comment

X factor is banned in our house. Hubby refuses point blank to be under the same roof of it being watched 😂I gave up years ago, as soon as Gary Barlow stopped judging I was gone anyway.

Love Strictly but not a fan of Claudia her fringe drives me to distraction!!

I do think Aston being on it is a con. The bloke can back flip and dance really well. He went from X Factor boy band to being a judge on a dance contest show!! Me thinks he's dumbing down his ability at the mo. But then I'm cynical.

Only saw saw the last half of Saturday night as forgot it was on, but did enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                            We used to watch X factor as apposed to Strictly but over the years got more and more fed up with X factor, not just the so called singers but more and more the Judges. Certainly agree that X factor has had its day.

So last year we switched to watching Strictly instead of X factor and thoroughly enjoyed it, from what we have seen so far this year there seem to be a few contenders for the title.

As for Winkleman she must have other jobs within the BBC network that we are not aware of to make her the highest paid women.

I am also in agreement with Judge Rinder who is totally apposed to same sex couples dancing on Strictly.
                            She presents a programme on Radio 2 on a Sunday.

Comment

Claudia Winkleman has the ability to make a lovely dress look unlovely. What criteria do the BBC use to award salaries I do not know ,but they are not alone. She also writes a feature on ladies fashion for the Sunday Times Style section.....unbelievable!!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X