• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"And Then There Were None"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"And Then There Were None"

Spent last night Watching the BBC production And Then there were none.

Missed the first episode so we decided to watch the whole series of 3 in one go by using the I Player.

Based on the Agatha Christy book "Ten Green Bottles or what ever the PC changed it to?
    They Use Ten Soldiers in the production ,which has an excellent cast ,well written and a first class production.
    For those who read the book the ending will not come as a surprise.
    But well worth trying to see it on i-player ,catch up ,or when its repeated...Taffy
    ​Taffy

I was hoping they were going to change the ending having seen it before under a number of titles. .........Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Loved it, rather grisly in parts....

Comment

Obviously it wasn't 10 green bottles just about the most offensive word that can be used today in a racist sense.It may have been based on an old nursery rhyme,but amazing that it was immediately changed in the US but books were still published in the UK with the original title until 1985.Pretty shameful.

Comment

My Mother was,I believe,THE biggest Christie fan,She had every one of her books,Most of them hardback,And also the original of Then there were none.When she died and i was clearing out her house i found a massive collection of them in the attic,I wish i had kept them but i was never a fan,even though i can watch her tv and film adaptations. I think a collector would have paid a pretty penny for them all.But we live and learn,I bet some people have tossed out small fortunes over the years! Jan.

Comment

I thought it was dark, confusing and lacked verve. It was also far too long.....Neil

Comment

I read the book decades ago and had not seen a production on film or TV so the ending was a surprise as I had forgotten it.

It was a good production and good to see Poldark aka Aiden Turner baring his chest again.
              Last edited by Smith7; 30th December 2015, 01:25 PM.
              Jill

Comment

My OH wanted to watch this and really enjoyed it. I found it too long and too scarey, I kept thinking about it when I was in bed and trying to get to sleep.
                Oriana
                Oceana
                Ventura
                Queen Mary 2
                Queen Victoria
                Queen Elizabeth

Comment

A very special moment Smith 7.....:-)

Comment

I saw a recent stage production of the same.

I loved the cast but thought this version was on the long side??

On the plus side you can avoid some of the 'extra' sounds of the theatre

Annie

Comment

Mixed. It was well acted and produced but the plot is just too ludicrous to be able to suspend disbelief. Also I don't know why they kept the period setting but felt the need to use modern idiom - do one or the other but don't mix them, it grates.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin, Brighton UK View Post
                        Mixed. It was well acted and produced but the plot is just too ludicrous to be able to suspend disbelief. Also I don't know why they kept the period setting but felt the need to use modern idiom - do one or the other but don't mix them, it grates.
                        I must agree on that score. Agatha Christie would not have used such swearing in her books.
                        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                          I read the book decades ago and had not seen a production on film or TV so the ending was a surprise as I had forgotten it.

It was a good production and good to see Poldark aka Aiden Turner baring his chest again.
                          Ah...I wondered who played the part of Philip Lombard...was it? I was sorry to see him killed off at the end...the stupid girl!

I missed the first episode on Boxing Day and had to play catch up, and though it had a good cast I did find it less than enthralling and had little sympathy with the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                            I must agree on that score. Agatha Christie would not have used such swearing in her books.
                            After the Judge tell someone to mind there language in front of ladies ,It does seem odd to them start swearing later in the episode.
                            Apart from that i enjoyed it..Taffy
                            ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                              I saw a recent stage production of the same.

I loved the cast but thought this version was on the long side??

On the plus side you can avoid some of the 'extra' sounds of the theatre

Annie
                              Unlike Jamaica Inn you could hear and see all you needed to ...Taffy
                              ​Taffy

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X