• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Strictly" no "X Factor."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Strictly" no "X Factor."

Looking forwards to the new season of Strictly Come Dancing ,It has been a favorite even after the presenters changed?

Saw the start of the new Improved X factor and after 10 minutes turned over just more pretentious tosh ,how the show gets as much press as it does is beyond me ,do I care how thin Cheryl is.?

So Strictly for us which will you be watching ...Taffy
    ​Taffy

SCD for me. Gave up on X Factor some time ago.

Annie

Comment

I tape the x factor then I can run through the tosh and just listen to the singers , its Strictly for us .

Comment

I think they are both a load of tosh, although have seen far more of X factor than I have of SCD, Mrs Delboy controls the remote in this household and she is not a fan of SCD. Did see the last 20 minutes of Saturday's X factor, the look of Cheryl did distract me from the rest of the show.

Prefer the Voice myself, which I watch via iPlayer on my iPad and listen via my Bose headphones, thankfully it does not have the SC hype.
        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 4th September 2015, 09:49 AM.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
          Looking forwards to the new season of Strictly Come Dancing ,It has been a favorite even after the presenters changed?

Saw the start of the new Improved X factor and after 10 minutes turned over just more pretentious tosh ,how the show gets as much press as it does is beyond me ,do I care how thin Cheryl is.?

So Strictly for us which will you be watching ...Taffy
          Neither. They are both garbage.
          Logic will get you from A to B.
          Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

I have never watched X Factor but I love 'Strictly' and am looking forward to it.
            Jill

Comment

Have never watched X Factor and gave up on Strictly a few years. Could not stand the constant shouting and screaming.

Comment

Neither, early Saturday evening is a perfect time to watch a film or catch up on a box set rather than the rubbish they put on TV

Comment

We've applied for SCD audience tickets for the fourth year running. Fingers crossed for this year as we have been unlucky so far.
                  We love SCD and the daily It Takes Two on BBC2
                  I have a real soft spot for Peter Andre too.......yes I know! Nothing wrong with a bit of escapism
                  BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

I read there was a bit of an argument between a contestant and Mr SC during the 6 chair part of X factor, resulting in SC throwing the contestant off the show.

This is what the contestant had to say on Twitter

"He added: “Some of the judges on X Factor . . .  are like Stevie Wonder judging a painting contest.

“Bring back good music. Not laughing at people, pointless entertainment #xfactor.”
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                      I read there was a bit of an argument between a contestant and Mr SC during the 6 chair part of X factor, resulting in SC throwing the contestant off the show.

This is what the contestant had to say on Twitter

"He added: “Some of the judges on X Factor . . .  are like Stevie Wonder judging a painting contest.

“Bring back good music. Not laughing at people, pointless entertainment #xfactor.”
                      Really funny that Delboy.
                      Queen of miming to her own records criticizing others..

Will watch strictly then watch programs we have recorded through the week ,or watch a film ,
                      Saturday night has been just about the worst for watchable programs as I can remember...Taffy
                      ​Taffy

Comment

I only watched X factor once and that was enough, all of the panel were so far up their own backsides, it was cringeworthy, especially SC.

I do watch 'Strictly' but do miss some episodes, depends on who is taking part. I gave up for a while because 'Brucie' drove me nuts, nice man but well past his 'sell by date' as far as Entertainment is concerned!
                        Lizzie sigpic

Comment

I used to love x factor,But as has been said,and its so true,The judges make it all about themselves,From their grand entrance to see who has the best frock,to been nasty on purpose to cause uproar,I sky+ it last week and haven't even watched it,So,SCD for our sat night from now on. Jan.

Comment

don't like any but wife watches strictly,that's my excuse to go to the pub, as if i need any.

Comment

Don't watch x factor now but love SCD and a strictly cruise is on the to do list at some point.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X