• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lockdown TV, What is/has been your favourite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Sandra
    Just finished watching Monster,,,tell me what you think.

Before that it was Inspector Falke,,,and now it’s Nordic Murders.

Recording the second series of Rebecca Martinsson Arctic Murders started last Friday on More4 and All4,,,enjoyed Series 1.

Love the foreign dramas on All4.

JC
    Hi JC

Just finished Monster. It was certainly grim, and I can't recall a series with so many flawed characters in it! Not a likeable bunch.

I wasn't sure whether I would like the series after the first episode but I stuck with it and enjoyed it in the end. Did you?

A couple of recommendations for you, though you may have seen them...

Bordertown, set in Finland. Unusual detective! The first episode is a three-parter and then the others are two-part, with each being a different case. Available on Netflix.

Deadwater Fell, set in a remote Scottish village and starring David Tennant (he's always good!) as a Doctor whose wife and children are murdered in an arson attack. Free on All4.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Hi JC

Just finished Monster. It was certainly grim, and I can't recall a series with so many flawed characters in it! Not a likeable bunch.

I wasn't sure whether I would like the series after the first episode but I stuck with it and enjoyed it in the end. Did you?

Bordertown, set in Finland. Unusual detective! The first episode is a three-parter and then the others are two-part, with each being a different case. Available on Netflix.

Deadwater Fell, set in a remote Scottish village and starring David Tennant (he's always good!) as a Doctor whose wife and children are murdered in an arson attack. Free on All4.

Deadwater fell is a great series and David Tennant is a bonus.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Has anyone watched ‘it’s a sin’ yet? It’s about AIDS and homosexuality from when AIDS was rife in NYC and the London gays didn’t think it would happen in the U.K. going through the decades till anti virals started to be prescribed.

I really liked it but hubby didn’t. 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
          Has anyone watched ‘it’s a sin’ yet? It’s about AIDS and homosexuality from when AIDS was rife in NYC and the London gays didn’t think it would happen in the U.K. going through the decades till anti virals started to be prescribed.

I really liked it but hubby didn’t. 🙄
          Yes, we are watching it. The sex scenes were a bit graphic in the first episode but we both remember the times of the AIDS disaster so are are continuing to the end.
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Yes, we are watching it. The sex scenes were a bit graphic in the first episode but we both remember the times of the AIDS disaster so are are continuing to the end.
            I think that’s what put hubby off! 🙈😂😂 he went to bed after the first 30 mins! Persevere with it as there are less sex scenes in the second episode but then it gets more serious and a lot sadder.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Hi JC

I must look out for Bordertown. Deadwater Fell was really good, we watched a few months ago. Anything with David Tennant is worth watching.
              If you like creepy, Big Sky is quite good. Season 2 has just started here. Husband is watching Hanna, season 1, but it isn't my taste.

Sheila

Comment

Fitted Traces (BBC) inbetween our long haul series.

Got a bit "bones" near the end but watchable.

Forgot how good bones was on series 5 of 12.

Going to miss Corner Gas one we finish that.

Comment

Going to add another Attenborough into the regular watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...life-in-colour

Another UHD gem from the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Going to add another Attenborough into the regular watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...life-in-colour

Another UHD gem from the BBC.

Amazing programmes, especially this evening’s episode, absolutely magical.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X