• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise sharing for singles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Rhymer, High Wycombe
    started a topic Cruise sharing for singles

Cruise sharing for singles

I'm sure you must have done this subject before but I couldn't find the thread. Is there a club or contact point for single women to share a twin cabin on a cruise? I've been on 2 cruises on my own and its very expensive and I'd love to enjoy some of the deals available but don't have a companion or single friends who enjoy cruising. Can anyone help?

• geebo1, Chester
    replied
    Hi Kim

Are you still by an chance looking for a companion to share cruising. I am a fit and healthy 60 year old lady looking to share the wonderful deals that sometimes come up. I am willing to email, Skype, telephone and even meet (in safe and open environments) prior to any sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie, Oxford
    replied
    Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
    I think it is quite difficult, especially planning to share with someone you don't know. I'm not sure that I'd want to do that.
    As a fellow solo cruiser, I have to agree, as I wouldn't like to share a cabin with a stranger. Hopefully, potential sharers meet before they book to check if they're compatible.

As the OP rightly said, cruising solo can be very expensive and sharing the cost is one way around the problem. As I prefer a cabin to myself, I usually wait for special offers with low or zero supplements.

Over the years, I have met many solo travellers who have shared cabins to make the cruise affordable. Apart from just one lady who had a bad experience, everyone I met, male and female, enjoyed their cruise. Many have made a lasting friendship and continued to cruise together.
    Last edited by Blondie, Oxford; 25th September 2014, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yogini, Waterlooville
    replied
    I think it is quite difficult, especially planning to share with someone you don't know. I'm not sure that I'd want to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie, Oxford
    replied
    Originally posted by Kim Rhymer, High Wycombe View Post
    I'm sure you must have done this subject before but I couldn't find the thread. Is there a club or contact point for single women to share a twin cabin on a cruise? I've been on 2 cruises on my own and its very expensive and I'd love to enjoy some of the deals available but don't have a companion or single friends who enjoy cruising. Can anyone help?
    Hi, There is a section on this forum entitled 'Solo Cruising'. Occasionally members looking for someone to share with, post under 'Cabin Mate Required'. It may be worth looking at previous posts. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X