• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facials

Over the years I have tried different facials & whilst OK, they never had the 'Wow' factor OR results, until today!

I had an Oxy jet facial at a local salon, it was fantastic! I could genuinely feel it working! The treatment was originally medical to push the treatment creams for skin cancer to reach the deepest layers of the skin.

It was then refined for cosmetic use. It is so relaxing and stimulating, bit hard to describe really!! The lotions and potions feel and smell wonderful & I came out SOO relaxed! Plus, I can see a difference!

I have decided on a series of these because I really think they will firm my skin and remove some of the wrinkles! Luckily my skin is already soft and hydrated, not too many wrinkles but could be firmer!!

The price I paid was half of what Cunard ask for a much longer treatment time!!!!

Will report back, meanwhile some of you might like to try it, if you haven't already!
    Lizzie sigpic

Thanks Lizzie, I had wondered about trying just that particular treatment so that is the push I needed..Carol

Comment

Hi Carol, it really was good, might be partly down to the Beautician who talked me through everything she was doing + why, but for £63 for over an hour, I thought it a bargain!

Even now, some 6 hours later, my skin is slightly pink and feels good!

I am not one to be easily impressed, so this is encouraging!! To be honest I don't have 'treatments' very often, often feel they are a 'rip off'!! Most creams can only penetrate 2/3 layers at most, this goes far deeper!

Having met you though, your skin looked brilliant!
      Lizzie sigpic

Comment

That sounds wonderful Lizzie, i love having facials done, i'll have to see what my local salon charges for the treatment. Might have to put it on my xmas list.............................................. .................................................. .Carol

Comment

Hi Carol,

You might need to shop around, not that many Salons do it. Cunard offered it, but I would not pay the money they wanted! So shopped around when I got home!

Found a Salon in New Milton, not too many in these parts offer it! But, given where you live,should be much easier!! I am in the 'sticks'!!
          Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Thanks Lizzie, not tried that facial yet - perhaps time for a treat!
            Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Originally posted by cruisegas, cruisegas View Post
              Thanks Lizzie, not tried that facial yet - perhaps time for a treat!
              If you do try it, let us know what you think? As with everything, all opinions useful and welcome!
              Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                That sounds wonderful Lizzie, i love having facials done, i'll have to see what my local salon charges for the treatment. Might have to put it on my xmas list.............................................. .................................................. .Carol
                You may have to travel to Tring to the fancy place there. I don't know if Sopwell House, on the outskirts of St Albans do it, as it has been many years since I had treatments there. Were I did my Beauty Therapy work placement in Cardiff last year, they did this and I know several Hotels in Cardiff do this as well.
                EDNA

Comment

never had any sort of treatment and have been thinking about treating myself on the forthcoming cruise. this might be the push i need but i will have to weigh up the pros and cons (i.e. the cost). If it is exorbitant on QV I might chicken out.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly, moffat View Post
                    never had any sort of treatment and have been thinking about treating myself on the forthcoming cruise. this might be the push i need but i will have to weigh up the pros and cons (i.e. the cost). If it is exorbitant on QV I might chicken out.
                    Don't know about the Spa as I can never be bothered, but the Q.V.hair salon prices are more than reasonable. I was agreeably surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                      Over the years I have tried different facials & whilst OK, they never had the 'Wow' factor OR results, until today!

I had an Oxy jet facial at a local salon, it was fantastic! I could genuinely feel it working! The treatment was originally medical to push the treatment creams for skin cancer to reach the deepest layers of the skin.

It was then refined for cosmetic use. It is so relaxing and stimulating, bit hard to describe really!! The lotions and potions feel and smell wonderful & I came out SOO relaxed! Plus, I can see a difference!

I have decided on a series of these because I really think they will firm my skin and remove some of the wrinkles! Luckily my skin is already soft and hydrated, not too many wrinkles but could be firmer!!

The price I paid was half of what Cunard ask for a much longer treatment time!!!!

Will report back, meanwhile some of you might like to try it, if you haven't already!
                      Lizzie,
                      My wife had this treatment on OCEANA last year. Most likely more expensive onboard compared to your salon but she was just as enthusiastic about it as you are!

PS Not planning to utilise the service on VENTURA though!
                      PM
                      CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
                      OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
                      VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
                      VENTURA Feb 2014

Comment

Hi Lizzie , I haven'tt ried this treatment , but there is a skin clinic which I use for facials and and fruit peels, I have also tried a couple of microdemibrasions these make your skin all pink and fresh looking . I will ask about the treatment you described I need all the help I can get now, unfortunatly the older you get the more regularly you have to visit it's finding the time.CG
                        sigpic

Comment

There are salons in Southampton that do Oxy Jet facials. You could have one before a cruise if you were in Southampton a day or so earlier. It is a good treatment and I know of people who have had a course and it can remove smokers lines around the mouth. Worth doing if you want to see some results. I think all facials are nice and relaxing but it is the ones that are slightly more medical if that is the correct term that willl give obvious results. There is a fantasic clinic in Sothamptom call Xaviar G Medical clinic. not far from the centre. It is fabulous and they do some very nice treatments that you will see results and it is well worth paying more to get results. Most of the stuff they do will last you over six months. I am booked in already for my next cruise The staff there are lovely as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly, moffat View Post
                            Hi Hillbilly,

It was $175 !! At today's rates, approx £111. But, given cruise ship & spa prices, some would say that is reasonable for 90 Minutes. I prefer my £63!!

As I think you always need more than one of these treatments to see any real difference, I waited till I came home & saved money and had more time to enjoy 'life on board'!!
                            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

One of the best things I've ever used was a ROC micro-dermabrasion kit. My daughter bought it for me when she worked for a Johnson & Johnson company. I use this weekly, and it really freshens up my face. Unfortunately the cream and the pads don't seem to have been available in Boots for a while, so I buy them through Ebay.

The added bonus is, of course, that it's a cheap way of looking good!
                              2018-
                              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you