• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Diets any Good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzie, Lymington
    replied
    Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
    Lizzie, you really are putting yourself through the ringer aren't you?

Kicking smoking is admirable but to lose weight at the same time, or maybe in your case, to not put any weight on, is praise worthy indeed.
    You are a better man(woman) than I am Gunga Din!:D
    Wish I was Jill!!:o Truth to tell, it's food or wine! As the cigs have gone, well, it's got to be the food to go next!!;)

Lizzie.

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
    Please, do not mention the cheese word!!

As well as trying to kick smoking, I am also trying to kick the food I love!

Cheese, bread, pasta etc etc............

Lizzie.
    Lizzie, you really are putting yourself through the ringer aren't you?

Kicking smoking is admirable but to lose weight at the same time, or maybe in your case, to not put any weight on, is praise worthy indeed.
    You are a better man(woman) than I am Gunga Din!:D

Leave a comment:

• Lizzie, Lymington
    replied
    Please, do not mention the cheese word!!

As well as trying to kick smoking, I am also trying to kick the food I love!

Cheese, bread, pasta etc etc............

Lizzie.

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Originally posted by Patience32, Devon View Post
    I was a bit shocked when I saw the blocks of cheese in the fridge !

Maybe they had been pigging out all week off camera :-)
    I think that might be the tip of the iceberg Patience.;)

Leave a comment:

• Patience32, Devon
    replied
    I was a bit shocked when I saw the blocks of cheese in the fridge !

Maybe they had been pigging out all week off camera :-)

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Originally posted by Patience32, Devon View Post
    I have been watching the biggest loser [ITV fit club]

Last night after a week of intense exercise some of the rather large contestants lost just 1lb and one lost nothing !!!

I would have been devistated after all that effort.
    I find it difficult to believe that they are are being completely honest.

I know from my own numerous diets over the years, that if I eat less, even if I don't exercise, then I lose more weight than they do in a week and I'm a great deal slimmer than they are to start with.

I've been to weight watchers, slimming world, done the atkins diet, slim fast, to name but a few. They all worked and I lost weight every time.

Trouble is, if you are retired, have arthritic ankles so can't exercise as much as you would like to, are of a certain age, love your food and cruises- not to mention no longer being able substituting a snack with a glass of water and a cigarette, it is much much harder to lose weight.

My sister has yo yo dieted as long as I can remember and has never smoked. She has the same problem as me.

Are we miserable about it? Not on your life. We continue to try to eat less- on a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Trish, sudbury
    replied
    It was incredible the little amount they lost. Poor things.

Leave a comment:

• Patience32, Devon
    replied
    I have been watching the biggest loser [ITV fit club]

Last night after a week of intense exercise some of the rather large contestants lost just 1lb and one lost nothing !!!

I would have been devistated after all that effort.

Leave a comment:

• Dartcruiser, dartcruiser
    replied
    I think the best way of dieting is to eat sensibly and exercise, I would never stick to any of these strict diets for more than a day I enjoy my food too much.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X