• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fashion fun, from frocks to locks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fashion fun, from frocks to locks!

I like the camomile tea bag tip!
    Carol

Comment

Thanks for these, very useful. Shame about the caffeine in coffee though!

Comment

Comment

I had the eyelash extensions done for a cruise this year.Loved them when you had your full slap on in the evening,but felt bit like Phylis Diller in them during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JANET, GLASGOW (2) View Post
            I had the eyelash extensions done for a cruise this year.Loved them when you had your full slap on in the evening,but felt bit like Phylis Diller in them during the day.
            Oh I think that is so funny However,
            I still would like them. Did you find your own lashes were still there afterwards? Have you kept up with having the infills done?
            I can imgaine I would roll over in bed and they would be left behind. My OH would not be able to see without his glasses and think there was a caterpiller in bed, jump out and spray it with the bio kill spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazza W, W Yorks View Post
              I like the camomile tea bag tip!
              I have another tip to go with the tea bags. When departing the cruise from Southampton call at the LUSH shop in the High Street and buy a tub of their face lifting mask. It is fantastic! The girl in the shop calls it Magic knickers for your face as it lifts and tightens. You have to keep it in the fridge so take it on the cruise and put in fridge next to the tea bags ready for pre formal night beautifying session.
              Also keep in the fridge your nail polish and lippy if in hot climes. So get rid of the mini bar stuff and just keep the mini fridge for our girlie delights and that of course includes a bottle of Fizz to drink after applying the said goodies to ones face.
              Maggiemou. x

Comment

Hi Maggie - what do you think of the latest craze of nail extensions and nail art ? At least Kate's were normal when she was showing off THE ring.

Comment

I did not keep up with the infills,my eyelashes were ok when they came off.Think I will try false ones that I used to wear years ago, only problem is I can't see without my glasses so can't put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by hat776, malta View Post
                    Hi Maggie - what do you think of the latest craze of nail extensions and nail art ? At least Kate's were normal when she was showing off THE ring.
                    I think some of the nail art is very nice and fun. I would only have it done though on my own nails. I would not have scuptured gel nails or acrylic nails done as they ruin your own nails. No matter what the nail technician tells you they do ruin your nails. This is because they have to file/buff the top layer of your nail off to make the gel etc stick. Once you have removed the top layer of the nail you have ruined them! People will say Ah! but these are my own nails underneath. They will show you the length of them. But if they had the artificial top layer taken off their own nails are so soft they only last a few days before they are down to the wick almost. So in my opinion do not go there. Get your nails manicured by a professional once or twice a month. Filing them makes them grow. Use cuticle oil to rub in at night time. Solar oil is good from Creative Nails. Have a French Manicure. Wear rubber gloves when doing chores. Use hand cream and do not ever put your hand in bleach. Plus do not bite them
                    I think Kates hands looked as if she had just had a French manicure. Whether or not she had her own nails or not I did not take too much notice. They looked nice and so they should have.
                    Cheers Maggiemou

Comment

Hi Maggie Love the tips keep them coming, now I need help with my bingo wings but can'tface the gym, I have 2 small dumbells how to use them properly please.CG
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                        Hi Maggie Love the tips keep them coming, now I need help with my bingo wings but can'tface the gym, I have 2 small dumbells how to use them properly please.CG
                        C.G.

If you want to learn the correct way to use gym equipment, it really IS a good idea to go to a gym at least once and get the correct instruction.
                        I go a couple of times a week [hmmm] and I can now bench press 9 kg [per arm], something I would have only dreamt about a few years ago.

I use dumb bells a lot and I know you can hurt yourself using even a 1 kg incorrectly.

Jx

Comment

Originally posted by JANET, GLASGOW (2) View Post
                          I did not keep up with the infills,my eyelashes were ok when they came off.Think I will try false ones that I used to wear years ago, only problem is I can't see without my glasses so can't put them on.
                          Why don't you try one of those magnifying mirrors ?

Comment

Hello CG. I have to agree with Mrs M. You need to know how to do the workout with the dumb bells. Maybe your local gym does starter courses for you to try. I use the dumb bells a lot in conjunction with a swedish fitball. Now they are very good for protecting your back etc, but again you need to know how to use it. I do classes also at my gym and we have a body sculpt class where we use the ball and the weights at the same time. Maybe you could find a class. I am sure there must some in your area. We have so many gyms in Cyprus as there are lots of spa hotels as well.
                            So CG, try and get a bit of instruction as you can hurt your knees and your back if you are not in the correct position.
                            Having said that good for you for trying do to some exercise.
                            Another thing you can do for your bingo wings is to get in the swimming pool and swim of course but also do some arm presses from the edge of the pool. It is easier actually if you do them in a jucuzzi pool. Swat on the floor of the jucuzzi with your back towards the step,and put your arms onto the step set part. Place your hands facing forward to your body and grip the edge of the step, and then do some press ups and downs. You may have seen this done on a bench seat in the gym. Or you can do this on a low chair. Again get some instruction first if not sure what to go. Another thing you can do is lift your arms up to the sides of your ears. Holding a dumb bell raised your arms straight up and close to your head. Bent your arms from the elbow and pull back to behind your head.
                            You have to work at it and I know many think the gym boring, but is it worth the effort. I go most days I will off again in a while. I sometimes go twice a day as I do my gym workout and maybe if I am not busy at work I do a class as well. I do Pilates which I love. I have had back surgery three times and I learned to walk again so am never, ever, going to be in that place again, The gym keeps me supple and gets rid of pain in our bodies and the stetching is good as well. We need all this as we get older.
                            If all else fails become a hairdresser I have great arms even if I say it myself. This comes from years of shampooing hair and holding a brush and blowing long strong hair. Have a nice day. Maggiemou.x
                            Last edited by MAGGIEMOU, CYPRUS; 22nd November 2010, 07:43 AM. Reason: Called CG Hat sorry .x

Comment

One of the best things I've found for firming up & reducing my bingo wings is the Nintendo Wii. I have a wii fit and also EA sports active which are both good for a work out but I spend alot of time playing the Baseball game and if you play for half an hour and really put some effort in you can't half feel it in your arms I actually have muscle definition once again & I'm not the greatest fan of exercise, but the wii makes it easy & fun, so I do half an hour to an hour a day.
                              We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X