• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game changer......Invention, Innovation or what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are too many items that make life easier including things like the Dyson vacuum cleaner when it was first introduced (boy, did I feel like a mucky pup the first time I used it ) and now my daughter’s (sorry sweetie 😆) borrowed Karcher window vac to deal with the condensation on our windows as well as the awkward angles in our shower cubicle. I think we would all be lost without our smartphones, even if we’re not glued to them . Mine allows me to see our gorgeous grandson on FaceTime which probably makes it the biggest game changer . 😁

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

The first car I ever owned which had PAS.
      Game changer for me at the time.

Comment

Starting off life in the post war years when my parents still lived with my grandparents, no indoor toilet, no central heating, no car, no phone never mind tech, Ive had so many game changers since. Our own home when I was a toddler and the improved living standards that came with it, an educational scholarship, first phone, car, fridge, washer, central heating. My own car, meeting the man who became my husband, children, better and larger houses with more mod cons, medical advances.
        Tech devices have changed things sure, but we did and could live without them although that would not be our choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
          Starting off life in the post war years when my parents still lived with my grandparents, no indoor toilet, no central heating, no car, no phone never mind tech, Ive had so many game changers since. Our own home when I was a toddler and the improved living standards that came with it, an educational scholarship, first phone, car, fridge, washer, central heating. My own car, meeting the man who became my husband, children, better and larger houses with more mod cons, medical advances.
          Tech devices have changed things sure, but we did and could live without them although that would not be our choice.
          Sure you haven't missed anything?

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Ohh I do miss that - last three cars had that but current one its not offered by the manufacturer.

Oh well, at least I still have heated seats and mirrors.

LMM
            hubbys new car has heated window and mirrors, keyless entry, no hand break (mind you I wouldn’t trust that) but best of all, for me, is the heated seats. Lovely warm bum and back.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

A washing machine is a frippery

Penicillin and antibiotics then.

I was hoping for a Star Trek transporter room in my lifetime - saves all that jetlag!

Annie

PS For LMM - did you have any timeline or context in mind??
              Sorry Annie a washing machine is not a trinket or unnecessary ornament it’s a necessary. I remember my granny and mammy going to the steamie once a week and they were there for just about the whole day. Not very convenient for a working person.

Comment

Working in the NHS since 1973 I’d say Medical advancements. Many people on this forum would still be ill, in pain or dead if it wasn’t for medical advancements. From Anaesthetic to Penicillin to insulin to ultrasounds to radiotherapy to X-Rays to Kidney and heart transplants to vaccines to beta-blockers to asthma therapy and these were only some of the advancements...............I could go on and on but I won’t. 😷🤒🤕🤧🩹🩺💉💊

technology is another game changer, I love my iPad. My phone is always with me if I need a camera.

it will be interesting to see what future innovations will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                  Working in the NHS since 1973 I’d say Medical advancements. Many people on this forum would still be ill, in pain or dead if it wasn’t for medical advancements. From Anaesthetic to Penicillin to insulin to ultrasounds to radiotherapy to X-Rays to Kidney and heart transplants to vaccines to beta-blockers to asthma therapy and these were only some of the advancements...............I could go on and on but I won’t. 😷🤒🤕🤧🩹🩺💉💊

technology is another game changer, I love my iPad. My phone is always with me if I need a camera.

it will be interesting to see what future innovations will be.
                  Even with a high tech background I am amazed where we have got to with imaging options and what we can now do in real time.

As a diagnostic tool they are so valuable but what they enable for surgical procedures is even more outstanding.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X